• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

good usage vs decorative

Adonis_cigars

Well, to the Newbie cigar smoker/collector, would you recommend something easy to use and set up vs a really kick ass looking humador box?. Also, does size matter for the beginner? 30 or smaller?. I ask because I see a really nice one I like, its a little more expensive than the traditional better priced ones. Im wondering if there is going to be any difference in the difficulty in setting it up?

Well, to the Newbie cigar smoker/collector, would you recommend something easy to use and set up vs a really kick ass looking humador box?. Also, does size matter for the beginner? 30 or smaller?. I ask because I see a really nice one I like, its a little more expensive than the traditional better priced ones. Im wondering if there is going to be any difference in the difficulty in setting it up?

If it is a smaller humidor I wouldn't spend too much, you will soon outgrow it if you stick around here. Many around here go for funcionality and use coolerdors and tupperdors, they are relatively cheap and easy to maintain. They can hold a lot of cigars. Then they usually upgrade to a cabinet. I started with a 100 count and quickly outgrew it into a coolerdor and now have a 7 cu. ft cabinet. I use the 100 ct. to store special singles.

Simply put, go as big as you can afford.

-D

If you are uncertain wheather you are going to continue smoking or just starting, I recommend a 10 or 15 count travel humidor. If you like it get a new humidor and you will still have a travel humidor. And if you dont its cheap, so not much money wasted.