• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Goodbye CP

Tim Hampton

It seems I am the target of the latest witch hunt here. I will not participate. Gil, DJM, and all who know me, thank you for some great times. I have enough stress right now. MIchael, I hope you get your pass back.

Tim,I'd hate to see you leave. I have been in several passes with you, and I don't think you'd do anything to hender a pass. I have watched PLENTY of passes here at CP, and every so often, one get's lost in the mail. And when they get lost, this type of thing typically happens. I have known you since the beginning of CP Tim, and my opinion is that you would not steel or hender a pass in any way. This is my opinion, and I have drawn this opinion by being in passes with you, and seeing you participate in MANY passes. I think there are plenty of member's who can back me up on this statement. It's a real shame that Michael's pass is nowhere to be found. I wish this didn't happen, but these things do happen -- the post office does in fact lose packages.I am not going to get too involved here, but i think everyone has the right to voice their opinion, since this is an open forum. My opinion is that the package is lost in the mail, and I draw this opinion from experiencing MANY upon MANY cigar passes.That's all I have to say. I hope you guys can work this out. I think your both great passers, and I'd hate to see either one of you go. All the best,Rod

I am a bit confused by this pass. This is the first pass, that I have ever been involved in, and some things puzzle me. Rod has stated Tim's reputation is beyond reproach, as I am sure others, on the board will agree with.
Unfortunately, the package never got to its final
destination. Lost somewhere in the USPS system. What bothers me, is the fact that Tim is leaving the site, rather than fixing the problem. In my opinion, since he was the last one to have the pass, and it never got where it was sent. He should replace the package. To me, it is a simple matter of honor and respect for all the members involved in the pass.If the original pass is found, it is just sent back to Tim. By the number of posts that Tim has, it is quite clear he is one of the first members, and as such, should make a good example to the newer members on this board.Tim, I hope you reconsider your decision to leave, and work this out.

First it is not and would not be considered Tims fault or responsability other than the fact he started the pass. Next I believe the true culpret in this mess was ADRIS because, correct me if I'm wrong but she was the one it was sent to. Did tracking say it was delivered? I believe in the posts it said it had. So she is somewhere smoke the cigars laughing. :eek: But thats fine leave her but to have a valued and respected member leave due to flaming against him I am sorry but that is not right. Tim you did start it I never heared back from you we can ask the CPI membership if we can replace your loss. :)

Darren,I believe the pass in question here is the Coffee and Cigar pass. There is no doubt that ardis was the person responsible for the delay in the Cigar Odyssey 2001 pass. Ardis pulled out because of a job problem, but the pass was mailed before the previous passer saw the notice.

Thanx Mac had my passes messed up. :wink:
Sorry for the mix up, but none the less I would hate to see either of you 2 leave or be dishonored over this, as stated before we are a type of family and I would hate to see any riffs form. :(

Tim, Let me be the first one to say.. you are not a target of any such witch hunt. The members you are refering to are only displaying there concerns. After all this is "CigarPass.com"! This boards name says it all. I have seen the pass instructions posted on this sight used on other boards for a guideline. I personally think you know the importance of a confirmation #. The use of those should be manditory in all passes whether shipped UPS or USPS. Failure to do so can, and in this instance with the "coffee and cigar chatroom pass" has left a door for questioning. I mean look you go to the post office.. mail the package with a conf # put the receipt in your wallet... when you post that you sent the package you simply take the receipt out and post the #, how frickin hard is that man? It has come to my understanding there are a few members here that think they are above and beyond using conf. #'s. These people i don't want to pass with either, no one in my book is to high and mighty that the courtesy of a conf# shouldn't be used. It is probably the single most important rule, and protects people's honor of actually shipping said passes. Now Tim, I'm not accusing you of anything shady, but I personally would feel responsible if a pass i sent without conf. got lost. But you seem to be taking the easy way out as far as I'm concerned! With a dramatic "GoodBye CP" post, instead of standing up and making good on your rich history here at CP. The tardiness you could also work on too. But is no life sentance crime, we have all been late one time or another getting a pass out. You get your balls busted and make a convincing effort next time right? If your schedule gets to complicated and you have to much "stress" in you life for passing, simply do not join in until you do have the time. As for shifting the blame on me for the results of my pass, that is wrong. I simply wanted some answers, and if you are to embarrassed to except the blame as results of your lack of following the the rules, then so be it. I never wanted the board to get involved or create any enemies for you or myself, but you wouldn't respond to emails or messages, what was i to do dood? There were a couple of long term members and hosts that showed there support for you by asking i refrain from said public posts, which shows you are a well liked and a good guy, so what i say to you is, don't run, except you F 't up and do what you know is right. Then when i F up ... bust my nads, and keep me in line... what do ya say bud? We can do one big group hug and be one big happy family again. The balls in your court.

Whoa! I'm not going anywhere - I just got here! I'm not involved in this discussion except to point out which pass it was. :)

WTF!!! I gotta quit work now? I am gone for a few days and the place goes to ####.
I will stand up for Tim also. He has been nothing but a great and generous Passer, his insight and comments are invaluable here at CigarPass and it would be a shame to loose a good friend over a few cigars.
TIM....DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!

i agree WTF???????? dont go tim adis has been the problem as far as most seem to be conserned and do i not remember collections being taken up for replacing the pass? i remmeber offering to add a few passes do get lostthe blame game is no good for any one we should not be wondering whos fault it is but what we should do to fix it. stay tim