• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Google Chrome browser

mrrt

Faith: you know your gonna live through the rain..
Well with the release from Google today of their new browser, Google Chrome, I just had to download it and give it a try. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. The first thing I noticed is the clarity of the CP page. There is a noticeable difference, for the better, when viewing the page. It also looks like some of the fonts are displayed a little differently. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be like the days of old when we had the wars between page displays of the Netscape and Microsoft browsers.
I am reserving additional comment until I give this thing a whirl for a few days and see if I can shake out any bugs, but my overall first impression is a good one.

Art

Only thing that's got me missing Firefox is the lack of ABP(AdBlock Plus).

Other than that, it's pretty great.

I've been playing with it for a while now, I must say I'm pretty impressed. It's clearly beta and because of some issues I will continue to use FF3 for now, but this browser has huge potential. And I'm sure Google is hand tailoring us ads based on our browsing habits. ??? :laugh:

The only grievance I have so far is a lack of a scroll thingy when you middle click on the mouse wheel :(.

And I'm sure Google is hand tailoring us ads based on our browsing habits. ??? :laugh:

I know this to be true. I read today that Google knows M$ has a 70%+ share of the browser market and they (Google) don't expect that number to decline much with the introduction of the new browser. What they do expect, is that more people will look at and click on their advertisements and drive up revenues for Google. Another thing Google said today is that they will 'never' charge for their software. This I'm sure was a clear cut slam on M$.
Awhile back I had watched a Google interview with a couple of their exec's who said they'd 'never' think of going into the browser market. It sure looks like 'never' means not this week. I wonder if 'never' means they'll 'never' try a Google OS.??

Art