• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gophers

jacks

PLEASE HELP ME!! :(

They are tearing up my
front yard. :angry: Anyone have
any suggestions on getting
rid of these pesky varmints.
Thanks in advance.

Jack

Castor oil is supposed to deter them. I don't have gophers, so I can't confirm it.

Now if you got some info for groundhogs & skunks, I'd be interested in that.

I saw an instructional video on ridding yourself of gophers. I think you can find it at any vides store. The title is Caddyshack. :whistling:

Rattlesnakes will rid your property of gophers... but they may be a nuisance themselves :whistling:

Seriously, traps work rather well, but you need to put one in every fresh hole you find for a while. they breed very quickly.

Dennis~

I wouldn't waste your time trying to deter them. I mean really, what are you gonna do? They live underground.

You'll have to trap them. I trapped gophers for years as a kid growing up on a hobby farm. Here's what you do:

1. buy the cheap gopher traps (hardware store)
2. dig out the freshest hole(s)
3. get the trap ready and push it in as far as you can, while still leaving room to stake it
4. get some sleep
5. discard dead gopher

Like anything, the traps may not work everytime. If the gopher abandons the tunnel you've set up, the trap obviously isn't going to work, but you'll get them eventually.

6. have fun, cuz trust me, trapping gophers is A LOT of fun ???

Forget your yard...instead:

cement.jpg

or,

cement_mixer_boostaload2.jpg

You guys are too much! :laugh:
Thanks guys.
I think I'll try the trap.

Jack

I used to live at this place that had more gophers than you could possibly imagine.
I found this trap called the Black Hole trap
It is almost fool proof
It is black (DUH) and round like a cylinder.
I would add a little lettuce in the end as well.

They have these gas bombs but I found standard road flares work better. They are cheaper and they burn 15 minutes

Big black lab is helpful

Dont waste your water with the hose unless it is a VERY fresh hole. You might get lucky and flush the little bastard out. Then the dog can grab it or just whack it with a shovel.

Call Bill Murray...

Road flares in the wholes......... works great.

Dig up freshest holes, light and toss in the flare and cover it up, on to the next one. keep an eye for smoke and pack them down.

Paul

.22, .17 HMR, are a lot funnier though........