• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got a buddy in the USMC in Afghanistan...

moki

el Presidente
I have a good friend of mine (roommate in college for years) who is a Captain in the USMC, who just recently was deployed to Afghanistan.

He's a fan of a good smoke, and I couldn't imagine much better than to send him a sampler pack of the Padrón 1926 Serie cigars: 4 luscious Maduro Padrón 1926's of various sizes. What better to unwind with out there eh?

Think he'll enjoy 'em out in the desert? I sure hope he keeps those suckers properly humidified. Would suck if they turned into camel feed.

Padron1926(1).jpg

I've sent some cigars to both Iraq and Afganistan. I use an airtight container with a disc humidifier. The disc lasts the 2-3 weeks it takes to get to the middle of nowhere and can be reused. Something to think about.

AVB said:
I've sent some cigars to both Iraq and Afganistan. I use an airtight container with a disc humidifier. The disc lasts the 2-3 weeks it takes to get to the middle of nowhere and can be reused. Something to think about.
all I did was send the sealed box :/

They come wrapped in cellophane though... thought it'd be enough :/

Got an communique from my USMC friend; I stressed to him that he should try to keep the smoke at proper humidity, and explained how to do it. Have doubts that he will, but who knows, maybe one of his buddies there has a humidor.

Here's the email:

I'll smoke 'em in eight days to celebrate something minor, but that I can't write about in this email.

A couple of cigar officianatos (sp?) have been drueling over them. They shot a bunch of cigar questions and comments at me. I had to admit I didn't know crap about cigars and that a friend who does sent them. This is neat... I feel like Forest Gump. I'll continue to wave the cigars under the officianatos noses feigning as though they'll never get a taste.

As Dark Helmut has said, "Evil is good."

Later