• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got my real estate license!

bfisher88

Livin' The Dream
So after going through the schooling in my spare time online I finally got it done and passed the exams last week. My dad has been in the field for years so he transferred brokerages knowing I would come along as well. Signed with a local RE/MAX branch last week so I am really excited. Going to be mainly a buyers agent for my dad and another established agent we are partnering with. Anyone else in the field and can give me some advice or thoughts??

Congrats! I was just looking online the other day for some courses in the real estate field.

So after going through the schooling in my spare time online I finally got it done and passed the exams last week. My dad has been in the field for years so he transferred brokerages knowing I would come along as well. Signed with a local RE/MAX branch last week so I am really excited. Going to be mainly a buyers agent for my dad and another established agent we are partnering with. Anyone else in the field and can give me some advice or thoughts??

Congratulations!

...ummm, you siad you worked on a corner? ???

Congrats! I'm not in the business, but my mom was. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new, but my only advice would be to know your sh*t. Being extremely knowledgeable will put you ahead of 90-95% of the agents out there.

About to close on my house next week so I can appreciate a buyers agent, my agents are the best. I found my agents through USAA's movers advantage program. I was partnered with them and we have matched very well. I do bug them alot and they work very very hard so anything they get, they worked hard for it.

Congrats on the new career!

Best advise I can come up with for now.....

Don't use your avatar on your business card. :D

Lol thanks for the kind words guys. Looking forward to taking the plunge. I am extremely fortunate to already be in with 2 established agents and am already working with about 4 people looking to buy properties here in my first week. Can't complain!

Hi Ben,

I'm looking for a house with six master bedrooms and room for twenty....

Congrats Ben! I used to sell part time for C21. I loved it; but it was taking too much spare time from the kids. I'm hoping to get back in full time when I retire.

I buy tax liens and deeds now but I miss being in RE full time.

Congrats, I was a Realtor for a while. Enjoyed it very much! I also went for the E-Pro and CBR certifications.

Be prepared to make a lot of phone calls to get your business going, it's definitely tough at first but if you keep at it you'll be successful.
thumbs-up.gif