• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got myself a few little presents

MrErskine

Tonight, I treated myself a little. I am looking forward to them, and I told my wife that they could be part of my Christmas.

I picked up a:

CAO America Monument
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro
Sosa Wavell.

I realize that for most of you this is paltry, but for me it's a treat and a big deal.

I don't have a real good way to keep them, so I am turning an old Ball jar with a locking lid into a make-shift humidor. Hopefully it will work and keep them fresh while I give them a little time before I light them. I'm thinking about putting some cedar chips in the bottom of it.

I'm hoping to be able to get a real humidor soon. If anyone is trying to get rid of a small one for cheap, I might be interested, but I make no guarantees of my interest.

Anyway, I'll be happy for a while. Especially after getting to walk into one of the best and most aromatic humidors I've been to in a while.. :D

Use tupperware and most all the local smoke shops carry these little things called water pillows. They're really cheap and will get you buy for quite some time. That's what I did for about 6 months until I broke down a bought a cheap humidor.

Use tupperware and most all the local smoke shops carry these little things called water pillows. They're really cheap and will get you buy for quite some time. That's what I did for about 6 months until I broke down a bought a cheap humidor.

And look at how far you've come since then! :laugh:

Maybe I will try Tupperware instead....

I picked up a humidification disc, and was going to use the jar because that was what was suggested to me by a guy at a B&M

Tonight, I treated myself a little. I am looking forward to them, and I told my wife that they could be part of my Christmas.

I picked up a:

CAO America Monument
Sosa Wavell.

I realize that for most of you this is paltry, but for me it's a treat and a big deal.

I don't have a real good way to keep them, so I am turning an old Ball jar with a locking lid into a make-shift humidor. Hopefully it will work and keep them fresh while I give them a little time before I light them. I'm thinking about putting some cedar chips in the bottom of it.

I'm hoping to be able to get a real humidor soon. If anyone is trying to get rid of a small one for cheap, I might be interested, but I make no guarantees of my interest.

Anyway, I'll be happy for a while. Especially after getting to walk into one of the best and most aromatic humidors I've been to in a while.. :D

Glad you got some good sticks! The LFD is one of my favs after a big meal. Watch out though, it is probably too strong as an eye opener before breakfast! :laugh:

Don't use cedar chips. They will ruin your cigars. Spanish cedar is very different from western red cedar. The former is fine, however, what I strongly suspect you are talking about is an aromatic cedar and it will ruin the taste of a cigar.

Enjoy your smokes!

I picked up a:

CAO America Monument
Sosa Wavell.

Glad you got some good sticks! The LFD is one of my favs after a big meal. Watch out though, it is probably too strong as an eye opener before breakfast! :laugh:

Don't use cedar chips. They will ruin your cigars. Spanish cedar is very different from western red cedar. The former is fine, however, what I strongly suspect you are talking about is an aromatic cedar and it will ruin the taste of a cigar.

Enjoy your smokes!

I will keep that in mind.

I am looking forward to the "LFD" as a nice end of the evening, unwinding cigar when I have nowhere to go and nothing to do.

A bell jar and your humidification disk will work just fine as long as it seals well. Don't need anything fancy, just something with a good seal so you don't lose your humidity.

A bell jar and your humidification disk will work just fine as long as it seals well. Don't need anything fancy, just something with a good seal so you don't lose your humidity.

Excellent. I hate having to burn through cigars because I have no way to keep them. Hopefully, I'll be able to let them age a bit now--and for very little out of pocket. :D