• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grand Marnier 150

ky colonel

A favorite after dinner libation along with a fine stick.
P1120498.jpg

I would sooooo love to try that. Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge is fantastic, I can only imagine how tasty the higher grade ones are. I have a bottle of Louis Alexandre that I have yet to open. I think this holiday season may be the time.

The GM 150 is smoother w/ a bit less "orange". Any Grand Marnier is good though. My wife and I where gifted a bottle of Louie XIII as a wedding present 25 years ago. Just can't get myself to open it.
Please excuse the ever present watches in the pics as it's a deeper addiction than cigars.
P1090495.jpg

Open the Louie! What if you get hit by a liquor truck tomorrow? Live now. :thumbs:

Open the Louie! What if you get hit by a liquor truck tomorrow? Live now. :thumbs:

This right here. Crack tha seal and savor the moment. Don't wait.

Leave the man alone - you bunch of vultures!!! He may drink when he so desires. Don't worry, Colonel, I can offer you protection from this kind of influence...but they do have a point, don't they?

I agree with those who say you only live once but probably afraid I won't like it cause I've never had it before. Next year is our 25th so you just never know. My wife loves cigars so maybe I should celebrate, lol!

I agree with those who say you only live once but probably afraid I won't like it cause I've never had it before. Next year is our 25th so you just never know. My wife loves cigars so maybe I should celebrate, lol!

Are you a fan of Cognac's? If so you'd be hard pressed to find one this smooth unless you went with something ultra rare and pricey. I've had the chance to try this on a few occasions and it has never failed. About as smooth a cognac you can get and very complex. You won't know if you don't try it.

Only cognac I've ever had is Grand Marnier but not a true comparison, I don't think. I doubt I'd be too disappointed.

Only cognac I've ever had is Grand Marnier but not a true comparison, I don't think. I doubt I'd be too disappointed.

No, definitely not a true comparison. There are many smaller cognac houses out there that are great; Tesseron and Maison Surrenne being a couple examples. In my opinion, these smaller cognac houses can, and many times do, produce better quality cognacs. Also look in to Germain-Robin brandies made in California. Very good.

I can't speak on the Louis Tres but the Grand Marnier 150 is an all time favorite of mine.. Biggest problem I have is keeping the bottle in the bar.

Grand Marnier in any type is not a cognac, it is made with cognac except for the yellow ribbon stuff you can find in the EU and duty free shops.

My wife would prefer we sell the Louie XIII and buy each of the three versions of Grand Marnier for use w/ the Flight Tray.
P1130182.jpg

My wife would prefer we sell the Louie XIII and buy each of the three versions of Grand Marnier for use w/ the Flight Tray.

All women have crazy thoughts rattling around in their heads from time to time. It's part of their charm, actually.
I'm sure the person that gave this to you wanted you to enjoy it yourselves. Just a thought.

All women have crazy thoughts rattling around in their heads from time to time. It's part of their charm, actually.
I'm sure the person that gave this to you wanted you to enjoy it yourselves. Just a thought.

Yeah, I agree. Selling a bottle that was a wedding gift seems kind of tacky.

Love me some GM. I prefer the 100 year old to the 150. Has anyone tried the Grand Mariner Cigars?

It isn't 100 or 150 years old. They are just blends in honor of the 100th and 150th anniversary

Love me some GM. I prefer the 100 year old to the 150. Has anyone tried the Grand Mariner Cigars?

I had some of these at Thanksgiving with a Johnny-O Short Shagfoot!!! Good stuff!!!

Really? I was unaware of that. I have had both with my moms boyfriend and he had me under the impression that they where aged 100 and 150 years. This is good to know I will pass the info to him. Thanks.
It isn't 100 or 150 years old. They are just blends in honor of the 100th and 150th anniversary