• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grand Marnier tasting

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
I was always a Grand Marnier fan.
I had a chance to try all 3 versions of Grand Marnier
This is my review...

Recently, in business trip to Colorado, I visited a cigar bar a CP'er suggested...Trios Enoteca.

I wanted something to drink along with my cigar.
They offered a Grand Marnier flight! I was overjoyed, since I never was able to try the 150th Anniversary Grand Marnier.

This flight had 1 ounce of each: the regular, 100th, and the 150th.

I immediately went for the 150th...wow, the high alcohol content was evident.
High amounts of strong cognac...lots of orange peel flavors, along with caramel. A very strong liqueur.

Next, I went for the regular Grand Marnier...didn't realize that it was just syrup! I guess the 150th has much, much more alcohol than the regular release.
I didn't continue with this...I just sipped it to compare with the 150th and 100th.

Now, the 100th...not as strong as the 150th in alcohol content, but just right.
I tasted hints of nuts, caramel, orange peel. Much more mellow and forgiving compared to the 150th. The 100th Anniversary is now my favorite! The blend of sweetness and alcohol and caramel was just perfect. The bartenders were curious with my choice...they also agree that the 100th Anniversary edition is the best.

I'm glad I was able to try all 3 at the same time. It cost me $40 for the flight...1 oz of each. I finished the 100th and 150th...left the regular release.

Anyone else like the 100th Anniversary?

They are all 80 proof.

Hmm, didn't taste like it...?

The regular release Grand Marnier tasted like syrup after the 150th.
It didn't taste like any alcohol was in it.

Interesting point...gotta look into it.

yes, the alcohol content is 80 proof on all 3.

Man, things I learn...thanks for pointing that out AVB.

The flavors I taste in each of them are purely flavors OTHER than the alcohol.

Go figure...
Interesting to find out where the flavors come from...