• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graycliff Crystal

bryan_h

FOG bryanh, Original member #427!
I've been wanting to try the Crystal and Espresso lines from Graycliff. My "local" shop owner just called and said that he had the Crystals in stock. He told me that the Pirates are $24.50 each :0 , but he allows a 10% discount for every 5. What is suggested MSRP on these? I couldnt find it on the Graycliff website. Should I pick up 5 while he has them?
Bryan :thumbs:

bryan_h said:
I've been wanting to try the Crystal and Espresso lines from Graycliff. My "local" shop owner just called and said that he had the Crystals in stock. He told me that the Pirates are $24.50 each :0 , but he allows a 10% discount for every 5. What is suggested MSRP on these? I couldnt find it on the Graycliff website. Should I pick up 5 while he has them?
I do not know what the recommended MSRP on these is (I couldn't find it myself) or even if Graycliff makes a recommendation (it would not shock me if they didn't). If anyone finds it - please post here or drop me a line as well.

However, that price is high (even for Graycliff's - which are not a "value" cigar by any stretch). The most consistent price I've seen for these is 390.00 per box for either the Pirates or Presidents. Other sizes are cheaper, but for these two sizes - $16 - $19 for singles is the norm in most shops where I've seen them - and you can buy singles online Here for the upper-end of that range. Your price may actually not be out-of-line depending on the state tobacco tax - but at first glance - it looks pretty inflated.

Also, MDCigars (who I believe is a member here) just starting selling these very recently. I didn't see any prices for singles on their site, but I believe the owner is pretty liberal on breaking boxes up if you ask (he has lots of good samplers available). He also might be able to share the MSRP with us if you ask.

One thing I have noticed on Graycliffs is that periodically they are available for a deep discount (50-70% or more) on various sites, but finding them at that price is never predictable. I like these cigars a lot - and would probably always have a box of both the Pirate Expressos and Pirate Crystals around if they were less expensive - but for the money - I like other things better.

Cheers,

- Oak

Check c-bid. I've seen them go for about $50 for 5

Bill

Is Graycliffe on Nassau or Grand Bahama? I am going to Nassau soon. If they are there, I could find out what they sell them for at the Graycliffe before they add tax. Presumably that would be MSRP. LOL

Emo

Im watching one on c-bid right now, but it does not say which line it is, it just says Pirate. Its only up to like $53, but im not interested in the blue or the red lines, only the pearl or black.

Emo, the Graycliff is on Nassau. If you could check while you are there it would be most appreciated.

The Graycliff Espresso Pirate is on todays quickies
The bid is at $71 for 5 :0

Bill

They are good...but not $25 good. This is a large part of what has pushed me toward the dark side. At least I can buy my illegal cigars cheap...even though they are still illegal :)

I think I set the max at $72, so with shipping it should be around $75. Thats $15 per and I have spent more than that before. Wow, I think I am actually trying to convince myself its OK :0

MD Cigars has them for $19 per single according to the site

Arnolds of NY has them for $12 per single

Educated Cigars has 4 for $70

Never ordered from these guys though but since your looking this is what I found

-P-

I bought a box of the Graycliff Espressos (by far the most interesting tasting of the line, IMHO) -- ended up being about $18 a stick for the Churchill size (President).

The Crystal line... well, try one I suppose. They are good smokes. Not worth the cost, IMHO.

moki said:
I bought a box of the Graycliff Espressos (by far the most interesting tasting of the line, IMHO) -- ended up being about $18 a stick for the Churchill size (President).

The Crystal line... well, try one I suppose. They are good smokes. Not worth the cost, IMHO.
So Im guessing you like the espressos better? Do they have an espresso flavor, or is it named that because of the dark rich color?

Thanks for the link Bill, im still trying to find some of these. Almost looks as if c-bid is the best place to get them.

emodx said:
Is Graycliffe on Nassau or Grand Bahama? I am going to Nassau soon. If they are there, I could find out what they sell them for at the Graycliffe before they add tax. Presumably that would be MSRP. LOL

Emo
Nassau