• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GrayCliff Vintage 1999 Robusto

EzTheFix

GrayCliff Vintage 1999 Robusto
Posted by E.Z. under Cigar Reviews (Photos)

I admit to knowing relatively little about the GrayCliff line of cigars, since, as you could imagine, they are rather rare in Europe. After getting acquainted with the cigars in the last few months, I can heartily recommend them.

We’re not talking here about a cigar that will knock your socks off with power. The cigar is flavorful, smooth, easy and yet substantial. This is a stick will please everyone.

The GrayCliff vintage 1999 Robusto has dark aromas on its wrapper. It’s slightly herbal on the one hand with marked caramel and cacao. The draw was a little loose, but the sweet woody initial aroma of the light as well as the creamy texture of the smoke made me overlook it.

The initial notes yield to complex notes of hay, cedar, and baking spices; maybe cloves. The cigar progresses well and burns evenly. The ash builds up well right up to the first blue band.

A pleasant progression of flavor goes toward a more roasted profile around the half way mark. Expect roasted nuts and toasted bread to be thrown into the mêlée and pretty much lead to a pleasant finish, which reminisces of the early wood and spicy notes. It’s a extremely refined smoke for everyone. :thumbs:

The initial notes yield to complex notes of hay, cedar, and baking spices; maybe cloves.

That's it, that is the 1999. This is my favorite of the Graycliff line. Although I've yet to try the Expresso, which I plan to review...tomorrow?

Great review.

Back