• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great Commercial

It was first aired, I believe, during last year's Superbowl... Great commercial - thanks for sharing, Ray!!! :thumbs:

speechless...damm fine commercial. thanks for sharing Ray.

I am gonna go against the grain here and be cynical, especially if it was aired during the superbowl.

First: my conjecture is that they used actors and not real military.

but more bothersome was A.B. putting their logo at the end. If they had just said "Thanks" and used the money to say "thank you" without the marketing expectation at the end it would have been a great and appropriate and needed commercial. All they are doing is marketing to their consituency.

Granted they wanted to say Thank You in a public manner and reach many people, but the logo at the end was a subliminal hand reaching into your wallet while you were wiping away that tear.

Pompous Pugs said:
I am gonna go against the grain here and be cynical, especially if it was aired during the superbowl.

but more bothersome was A.B. putting their logo at the end. If they had just said "Thanks" and used the money to say "thank you" without the marketing expectation at the end it would have been a great and appropriate and needed commercial. All they are doing is marketing to their consituency.

Granted they wanted to say Thank You in a public manner and reach many people, but the logo at the end was a subliminal hand reaching into your wallet while you were wiping away that tear.
[snapback]281110[/snapback]​

I agree with you to some degree, but you do have to give them credit for putting their logo in for only a short period of time at the very end.
Whenever a company sponsers a charity event their logo is plastered on everything, but this was much more tastefully done.
I think everyone recognizes it as marketing, and what isnt marketing these days?
Plus, instead of paying to show us a girl with huge boobs and trying to get us to buy their beer, they spent their money on thanking the troops and trying to get us to buy their beer.
I understand your point about just using patriotic images as marketing, but this was at least tastefully done.

Pompous Pugs said:

[snapback]281110[/snapback]​

i see your point, but have to disagree. the architectural firm i own does alot of habitat for humanity and misc volunteer stuff and i always make sure my firms name is associated with these endeavors. i dont do this to gain new buisiness, but to let our current clients/vendors/family/etc. know what we stand for and support.

i agree with you. the bottom line is to increase sells. but if your gonna buy a beer, you have a choice to buy it from us troop supporters or guys who hire cedric the entrertainer as their spokesperson. if someone wants to spend 2 million dollars for a 30 second spot supporting our troops, i definatly want to know whos paying the bill.

Well said Marc!

I would like to add that it is possible that they also wanted to remind the public that our soldiers are the good guys and we OWE them at very least a "thank you".