• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great Gobbler-Gobbler Contest

Putz Mulligan

shhhhhh, cigar learning in process!
With Thanksgiving being one of my all time favorite Holidays of the year I propose a contest for a photo of the best looking bird and the recipe to go along with it.

Contest will run until December 5th, 10 pm PST.

Winner gets a fiver!

Rules:

1) Anyone who wants to, can participate
2) The photo of the bird in question must be from this Thanksgiving not like 1945 or off the Internet (honor system)
3) You, yes you, had to have been a participant in the preparation (just swilling the Bourbon does not count as participation. Again, honor system)
4) All photos must be accompanied with the recipe of the bird in the photo. No recipe...........tough
4) Judges decision is final
5) No whining, this is a visual contest so if it looks dry.......well you get the picture
6) No Boobies (unless, of course, marked "NSFW" and an appropriate link is provided)
7) Only moderators are allowed to participate
8) If you have never won a contest before, you are not eligible
9) If you have won a contest before, you are not eligible
10) No FOGs
11) No Newbs
12) No BOTLs
13) No SOTLs
14) Rules 8-13 do not apply

Let's see those birds!

:laugh:

Love the rules! Remember the grade school test where your classmates would stand up, clap their hands, or do whatever, but couldn't understand why a few in the room were just sitting there laughing their behinds off?

We are ALL moderators as we are a "self moderating board"............think grass hoppers!

funny-picture-779230854.jpg

since I cook my birds breast down in a Weber bbq on a rack the breast emerges with rack marks on the breast. Not the best presentation but man what juicy breasts!

Did I just say juicy breasts?
I did. I just love juicy breasts.

I will throw some pics up. Too bad we can't taste over the Internet. I'd win for sure!

Here's the Lovelace family's bird for Thanksgiving. 24 lb'er! :D Nothing special as far as a recipe. Rinsed it off, patted it dry, rubbed it down with soft butter, and drizzled with Lawry's seasoning salt and pepper. That's it! Well, besides the stuffing inside. ;) Just took it out for basting with the juices and back in for about another hour and a half. We'll put a hurtin' on this bird in just a few!!

11-27-08Imported118.jpg

11-27-08Imported122.jpg

11-27-08Imported125.jpg

11-27-08Imported126.jpg

11-27-08Imported199.jpg

We had a good spread, but we are totally relaxing today.
the food stayed in the kitchen, in any convenient spot.
Plastic disposable plates & flatware, and ate in the Living Room.
We are watching "Hancock".

After the movie, a nice smoke.

Nice day. Happy Thanksgiving Folks!