• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Griffin Fuerte Short Corona

wk-mang

The "Salty Nuts" Dude
I walked into a local shop the other week to see if they had anything new and found this cigar sitting on the shelf. I've been hearing about this new line.... especially the Short Corona so I picked one up to try.

WOW! This short cigar packs a punch! A very well made cigar... beautiful wrapper and perfect draw! The cigar had nice spice and very good strength and copious amounts of smoke and flavor! I was surprised at how good this cigar was.... I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a great short smoke!

This cigar was introduced at this year's RTDA and it certainly lives up to the hype! IMO it was definitely worth the $4 price tag! Give these a try Bruddahs... I think you'll like this one!

Aloha,

Wade

None of you Bruddahs tried this stick yet??? Give them a try fellas so that I'm not the only one posting on my thread... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

I haven't seen them at my local shop, at JR's in Selma, or here in Norfolk. Any place on the net that alows you to buy singles, or create your own sampler?

Emo

Dangit Wade, I am sorry man, I ain't seen hide nor hair of a Griffins in any of my shops. But just so's you won't feel all lonely, I will post on your thread Bruddah :D :p :thumbs:

Dangit Wade, I am sorry man, I ain't seen hide nor hair of a Griffins in any of my shops. But just so's you won't feel all lonely, I will post on your thread Bruddah

Bwahahahahahahaha! Thanks Bruddah PB! Just for being a Bruddah and keeping me company on this thread.... PM me your snailer and you're gonna get a chance to try this cigar! Heck... consider it a belated B-Day gift Bro!

I haven't seen them at my local shop, at JR's in Selma, or here in Norfolk

Sorry Bruddah Emo.... I don't know how I missed seeing your post before PB! I guess I'll just have to let you try this cigar too... shoot me your snailer via PM and I'll get one out to you Bruddah!

Aloha,

Wade

Geez, another new cigar to try. No rest for the wicked! ;) :D

PM sent Wade, and Thanks a 1,000,000 bro!! :D :p

I always like to try sumpin new....as I recall that is how I got hooked on Lars Teetens, Hmmmmm Oh well....I got a set so I can take it :D

Geez, another new cigar to try. No rest for the wicked!

Yep Bruddah Shadow.... I don't know if you're wicked but I do know that you need to try this 'gar! Heads up Bruddah... Bwahahahahahahaha!

Aloha,

Wade

I just fired up another GF Short Corona on Halloween and boy was it good! It was the perfect 'gar to start the night with... I guess you could say that it was my appetizer.... LOL! Consistent with the others I've had... spicy, well made, tons of smoke and great flavor!

C'mon PB, Emo and Shadow... fire one up and let me know what you think of these little suckers!

Aloha,

Wade

Okie dokie...lemme get cleaned up as I was owrking on the car. Then I'll go to the shop and pick one up. Look for a review later tonight or tomorrow morning. :thumbs:

Emo

Griffin Fuerte Short Corona. Accomponied by a Cruzan 5 on the rocks, finished with a Port.

APPEARANCE: This cigar had a very nice light brown wrapper. It was lightly veined with only 1 slightly noticeable stem. The only real detractions was a homely looking cap and a wrinkle at the foot. A really nice band to boot. 19/20

CONSTRUCTION: Pre-light construction was excellent. An evenly packed stick tha gave very little when squeezed from head to foot. The punch went perfect, and the draw was surprisingly loose. So far this cigars construction reminded me of a CAO Pirhana. The light went well and this baby produces a lot of smoke! It burned evenly throughout but never sharp all the way around. The ash was white and kinda flakey, but holds well for an inch to 1 1/2 inches. 18/20

FLAVOR: The pre-light aroma had a slight bittersweet scent of bakers chocolate. This cigar was flavorable from the very begining. A nice combination of light pepper and nuts with a healthy dose of cedar. It got progressively stronger as I smoked it down, but the pepper flavor got lost as the nuttiness became fuller. The last 2 inches the cigar produced a slightly minty floral taste which added nicely to the already nutty flavor. The one thing that did put me off was a slightly charred taste that lasted until the last 1 1/2 inches. Other than that this cigar tasted great! 43/50

OVERALL ENJOYMENT: I didn't care for the charred flavoring. Someone else might. The cigar had a draw that was almost too loose. Plenty of smoke so don't draw hard. 7/10

87/100

Great review Bruddah Emo! Although I haven't experienced the "charred" flavor I agree with your other comments and observations. I personally rate this stick as an 88 out of 100.

I'm going to set a few aside and see how they do with some age.... off-hand I'd think they'd definitely be better in 6 mos to a year.

Aloha,

Wade

Smoked one of the Short Coronas that Wade had sent me (thanks bruddah!) this evening while driving home. Beautiful little sucker, smooth wrapper with a very well applied cap. Draw was very good with a nice pre-light aroma. Upon lighting it developed a lot of smoke and the burn was razor sharp all the way down to the nub. Nice flavor. I didn't noticed the charred flavor that Emo had.

All in all a very good cigar that I will purchase to have a few available. :thumbs:

Hmm, sounds like I need to look for this one next time I drop by the shop. I don't think I've ever smoke a Griffin before! :D

I smoked one of the Griffins from my Aloha Pack today (Thanks Wade) and can almost quote Emo word for word, except I too failed to notice any charred flavor. This one is very full of great flavor. I have never smoked another gar with such an effortless draw. And the smoke volume was awsome.

Thanks again Wade, ALOHA!!