• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guess the Vitola

It's a PSD4 Robusto, from one of our most reputable "sources" that we don't name. So, all signs say 100% legit, except for it's pretty friggin' gnarly.

???

Welcome to CigarPass. Does anybody here know you? Are you a member of other cigar forums?

It's a PSD4 Robusto, from one of our most reputable "sources" that we don't name. So, all signs say 100% legit, except for it's pretty friggin' gnarly.

???

Welcome to CigarPass. Does anybody here know you? Are you a member of other cigar forums?

Sorry, I'm a long time lurker, my friend is long time member here and does a lot of the passes and turned me onto this place months ago. I'll have him post up in a bit.

Why entertain this? You know where this is headed, another new member strutting his stuff and trolling for fish.

If you have something to say, do so or take that someplace else. Oh by the welcome, let us hope you really have something to add to CP!

Why entertain this? You know where this is headed, another new member strutting his stuff and trolling for fish.

If you have something to say, do so or take that someplace else. Oh by the welcome, let us hope you really have something to add to CP!

Anthony, please tone down.
We've had an interesting and intelligent* dialog throughout the day.
If anyone's fishing around here...well...let's say the bait abounds! :angry:

* eh-hem

Fishing for what? I was just having a little fun with cigar identification. Am I asking someone for something or selling something? Is that what you mean by fishing?

Box code is TPG MAR 08

Fishing for what? I was just having a little fun with cigar identification. Am I asking someone for something or selling something? Is that what you mean by fishing?

Box code is TPG MAR 08
You are new here you are better served by learning the ropes, before you start posting cryptic threads.

Like most if you have been a lurker you know how CP works.

Sorry, I'm a long time lurker, my friend is long time member here and does a lot of the passes and turned me onto this place months ago. I'll have him post up in a bit.

I'm sure he'll say hello soon!

:thumbs:

The box cod is TPG MAR 08

Others of that timeframe don't look like yours! :rolleyes:

That's strange, do you have a box from that date code? I'm not too worried about it being fake, I just thought it looked like quality was down again like in the old days. Although it was pretty odd, I couldn't tell if it was short filler or it had been somehow been jammed in there pretty well or what. It was odd.

What is it I'm not supposed to do? That I've done? Post pictures of cigars?

What is it I'm not supposed to do? That I've done? Post pictures of cigars?

1. You might have been lurking since the day Cigar Pass went live but your recent join date and low post count (and corresponding lack of community interaction) identify you as a newbie.

2. As a newbie, starting right in on the Cuban forum without even posting an intro, particularly with comments like this:

which implies (unsubstantiated) familiarity with sources that some members here might use, and this:

which implies that you might have a friend who has been a long time member here and therefore you should be accorded the same respect that this (unidentified) friend gets are never good ways to start.

New users that start off this way often end up in meltdowns and are often gone as quickly as they appear. If I were a betting man (and I am) I'd lay odds that this thread is headed that way and I'm gonna go get some popcorn.

- Tim

By the way, if the cigar in your autopsy pictures was represented to you as a PSD4, you got hosed.

edited for spelling and grammar

By the way, if the cigar in your autopsy pictures was represented to you as a PSD4, you got hosed.
Indeed. Has this guy PMd anyone with the name of the source? I have never encountered an authentic "totalmente a mano" Habanos that I have not been able to unravel into whole or partial leaves. Even stubs smoked down to an inch. Never fragments like what you seem to be showing.

And as the others have noted, if you've been lurking, then it sure hasn't been in the Cuban Cigars forum here otherwise you'd know that this type of post is nothing but trouble. You're either lying about that or looking to start a ruckus. In either case, it's not really appreciated.

Wilkey

Indeed. Has this guy PMd anyone with the name of the source? I have never encountered an authentic "totalmente a mano" Habanos that I have not been able to unravel into whole or partial leaves. Even stubs smoked down to an inch. Never fragments like what you seem to be showing.

And as the others have noted, if you've been lurking, then it sure hasn't been in the Cuban Cigars forum here otherwise you'd know that this type of post is nothing but trouble. You're either lying about that or looking to start a ruckus. In either case, it's not really appreciated.

Wilkey

Sadly, I've seen some. Corners are sometimes cut (though rarely).

I have never encountered an authentic "totalmente a mano" Habanos that I have not been able to unravel into whole or partial leaves.
Wilkey
Sadly, I've seen some. Corners are sometimes cut (though rarely).
Now that's provocative. Adulteration of that nature seems almost beyond comprehension.

In other words, that's a "that ain't right" of a totally different league.

Wilkey

Wow! Lots of negative responses. Sorry to all I offended. Couple of responses.

First of all, I have been watching this forum for some time, I think it's a great forum and has by far the best information and most thoughtful posts, in general. I'm not ready to participate in the cigar passes and so have not invested any time in building trust with members yet. I notice people post pictures of odd sticks they come across some times and thought I'd post one of a funny one that I got in a recent shipment.

I didn't mention that I'm a friend of another member here to ask that respect for them be conferred to me, I ask that anyone treat me with respect but don't demand or expect anyone to respect me. Respect comes with time. He's been a member here for a long time and turned me onto it when he first started doing passes and in general described it as a great place that took a long time to earn trust but was really awesome when you started to enjoy passes and passing things on yourself.

Again, haven't asked anyone here for anything and will not do so. I was simply trying to respect the overriding site rule of NEVER MENTION SOURCES. One person (Ginseng) asked if I PM'd anyone my source, and I PM'd him. No one else asked me and I'm not going to PM people at random. IF someone else wants to know where the cigar came from, ask and I'll answer via PM, per forum rules.

Sorry to have offended those that I did. I certainly didn't intend to start a problem nor offer insult.

Wow! Lots of negative responses. Sorry to all I offended. Couple of responses.

First of all, I have been watching this forum for some time, I think it's a great forum and has by far the best information and most thoughtful posts, in general. I'm not ready to participate in the cigar passes and so have not invested any time in building trust with members yet. I notice people post pictures of odd sticks they come across some times and thought I'd post one of a funny one that I got in a recent shipment.

I didn't mention that I'm a friend of another member here to ask that respect for them be conferred to me, I ask that anyone treat me with respect but don't demand or expect anyone to respect me. Respect comes with time. He's been a member here for a long time and turned me onto it when he first started doing passes and in general described it as a great place that took a long time to earn trust but was really awesome when you started to enjoy passes and passing things on yourself.

Again, haven't asked anyone here for anything and will not do so. I was simply trying to respect the overriding site rule of NEVER MENTION SOURCES. One person (Ginseng) asked if I PM'd anyone my source, and I PM'd him. No one else asked me and I'm not going to PM people at random. IF someone else wants to know where the cigar came from, ask and I'll answer via PM, per forum rules.

Sorry to have offended those that I did. I certainly didn't intend to start a problem nor offer insult.
dagoR6,

Yeah, sometimes it goes down like this. I think the one thing that CigarPass members should be aware of is that because of the nature of the situation surrounding Cuban cigars, we are all pretty protective, skeptical, cautious about things.

You didn't just post a funky cigar, you implied that it came from a sponsoring source (post #19). That was the spark that started the flames. In any case, it's water under the bridge at this point. Where it goes from here is up to you. It's your choice, I suppose, to become a bit more active or to go back to lurking. Either way, probably no nevermind and I suspect this'll fade quickly.

As for the sources you cited, I am not aware of a single credible report of counterfeit goods from either. That said, our international members report that one of them recently began shipping from another large, high volume, "grey market" fulfillment warehouse, whereas they used to ship exclusively from a bona fide free trade zone. I'm not saying that any problems have resulted from that transition, but for sure, the integrity of the supply channel is now at least infinitesimally less than absolute.

Wilkey

Ah, I see now. Sorry to imply it was a site sponsor, by all means no. Just someone I have purchased from many times in the past and that anyone I talk to says the same as you, all reports are rock solid, never one case of a true counterfeit. Although I seem to recall they used to ship one way now everything seems to be coming from a different country, don't want to give too much away on the public forum.

Frankly, I don't think it's a fake. My buddy thinks it's a "Second" not sure what that is. To me, I can't find a single credible error anywhere in the packaging or any such, it's just that some of the sticks are good, some are weird and some are like that one, bizarre. I'm prone to think it's some of quality issue. I don't usually tear down cigars either, but I am used to seeing medium and long filler leaves. I can't tell if the leaves disintegrated in the wrapper.

In any case, sorry to offend again and/or any lack of manners and breach of etiquette. I usually don't have anything to offer, so I just read. I don't think it's a fake but I'd be happy to post up pictures of the box, remaining cigars, bands etc...