• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha 1950 Pre-Embargo

lbrief

I searched every forum, for every date, and only found these metioned in wishlists.

Has anyone tried them? Are they worth the big $$$ they usually fetch on cbid?
The description ( http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=160580 ) has my mouth watering, but it's a big commitment to shell out that much for something that might be all hype.

If you've had them, and you like them, and you have an idea about what a reasonable price to bid would be, please!!!!! let me know.

Also, let me know your cbid initials/city so I don't go outbidding you.

As we discussed in the chatroom...not worth the hype IMHO.

A good cigar, don't get me wrong. I've had several. But for the money, there is MUCH better value out there.

Like I said, if you're shelling out $10-$15-$20 per cigar, you should be checking out OpusX, Diamond Crown (maduros!), Don Carlos, or some nice Padron Anniversarios!

And on the forbidden leaf side...oh...never mind...it's a shame we can't trade with the enemy ;)

I was able to pick some up for a good price last summer on cbid. I really like them. Very rich creamy smoke. Retail price on these things is ridiculous, though.

I've had one and it doesn't live up to the hype at that price. The Gurkha Aged Camroons were just as good IMO. The Gurkha 8 year aged are good at the cbid price of about $30 a five pack.