• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Doble Maduro Toro

TonyDogs

Banned
Gurkha Doble Maduro Toro

Costa Rican maduro wrapper

Cigar Size: 6.0" x 52 ring

Pre-light aroma-different from most smokes, I would not call it pleasant but you know your about to light up a real deal cigar.

Construction-very good almost perfect. This is a smoke that will self correct if there is a streak.

Burn-perfect, Nice and slow cool burn.

Ash- tight

Draw-perfect

Flavor-complex medium to strong rich tobacco taste that has a walnut undertone.
The aftertaste on this smoke is outstanding. The flavor is consistent all the way through. This is one awesome smoke for the money. I have paid anywhere from $3.50-$6.00 a stick. IF your into medium smokes this is worth your time and money.

Never been a huge fan of Gurhka outside of the legand line, but this one may need to be revisited.

I recently smoked several of the Doble Maduros. They are a fantastic selection if you want really big flavor in a quicker burning cigar. They don't pull lose or hot, but they do tend to burn a bit quicker than other cigars of the same size even with proper humidification. I wound up smoking one a couple times a week for a few weeks until I decided to let the remaining three age and try something else. Recommended for those looking for a cheap full flavored chewy cigar.

Glad you liked em, but no point in resurrecting a dead 4.5 year old thread just to let us know. Just saying is all! ;)

You're new, Kid, so you may not be aware that this is a minor faux pas.

What you could do instead is a review?

BTW, I also like them for the price. Although, Gurkhas are pretty universally dumped on here. :D

This is one of the worst tasting cigars I have ever smoked. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

You're new, Kid, so you may not be aware that this is a minor faux pas.

What you could do instead is a review?

BTW, I also like them for the price. Although, Gurkhas are pretty universally dumped on here. :D

Wups. For some reason I got the impression that review threads never die, they just fade away... duly noted and corrective action underway.

I'm kinda with y'all on the the Gurkha's being dumped on. Their cheaper cigars aren't the most perfectly constructed, balanced, or even/nicely burning and their expensive cigars aren't as balanced or excellent as the price portends. Makes sense.