• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha G3?

SammyP

I got one of these a few days ago, and can't seem to find much info on them. I came across a comment here earlier, so I wonder if any of you guys might know anything about them?

The Gurkha G3 is the US version of their European X3. It is Super Fuerte Triple Ligero cigar of 52x6 size with a wrapper of Honduran Maduro and the filler and binder are both Honduran too. It's a pretty smooth cigar overall IMO but not that much different then the Doble Maduro which I like a bit better. Pretty strong for a Gurkha but it won't make you dizzy or anything.

So, are (or were) they limited production or something? They're not even mentioned on Gurkha's site.

No, both the G3 and X3 are still in production. The G3 might be only for CI and wouldn't be listed. Can't say why the X3 isn't there.

Hmm. A local B&M here has a box. Struck me as strange that a little shop like that would have some, when they're hard to find online.

Thanks!

The G-3 is one of my favorite Gurkha smokes. Medium to full, smooth with lots of smoke and very flavorful. They can be hard to find, generally at the smaller online dealers. They are becoming more readily available in my area at the B&M's but at a premium cost and they are not worth the price locally. I have seen them as much as $700.00+/box when they first came out, now pretty regular around $125.00 online.

edited for grammar

The G3 got released weird. What happened was the initial shipment 75,000+ boxes got sent to JR instead of the distro house so instead of the hassle of sending them back JR sold them off at damn near cost becuase there not even a gurkha vendor. Since then they’ve been slowly popping up across B&M’s ect. Like avb said there a normal production gar, its just taking longer to get to the market then they expected. I like them a lot but to each his own. I’ve had bad luck with a lot of plugged doble maduros.

edited to add they can be had here for $94.07:
http://www.superiorcigars.com/db/Gurkha/

A couple shops by me have boxes of these.A nice black box.
I like these churchill gars for morning smokes.It goes great with coffee.
Also as mentioned above,boxes are not even hundred bucks.