• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Gran Reserve

Certifried

I smoked the Gurkha Gran Reserve tonight that my wife picked out for me last week. I burned my lips on this one! It was very good, at first I thought it was a flavored cigar due to its sweetness. It had a smooth, flavorfull smoke all the way down. The only time it even hinted at anything but quality was when I puffed a little to anxiously and it got a little bitter ( I chalk that up to newbie eagerness). I can't do it much justice since my taste buds are still so green and my expertise at reviewing is far from expertise.

Who else has burned one of these? What were your thoughts?

Does anyone have input on this cigar? CI has a special on the Connecticut Robusto #4. I am thinking of buying, but would like to have feedback first.

I have a tough time keeping all the varieties straight. I know C/I has some made just for them. Special does look tempting.

I like these, not too strong but almost creamy. I have 20 in the humi and ordered the special too.

I was kinda thinking about doing a box split on these -- but I am a little new at this to be running one. If a FOG would be interested in running it, I would be up for a fiver or 2!

These are accented with Louis XIII cognac,very tastey indeed.
Some come tasteing sour or rancid depending on how old they are.I took mine out of the tube,dry boxed for a few days and smoked on St. Patty's Day with a glass of brandy.........very good.
I have had 4,2 nats and 2 maduros.

No, these are not the tubos that are cognac infused. These are what used to be called the Connecticut Reserves.

These are accented with Louis XIII cognac,very tastey indeed.
Some come tasteing sour or rancid depending on how old they are.I took mine out of the tube,dry boxed for a few days and smoked on St. Patty's Day with a glass of brandy.........very good.
I have had 4,2 nats and 2 maduros.

Ahhhhhhhhhh,thanks for the clarification AVB....was replying to the op though.
Those are the cognac infused ones he was talking about. :cool:

Overview of Gurkha Grand Reserve Cigars
Encassed in a beautiful glass tube, accented with Louis XIII cognac, this cigar is as good as it looks. Sweet , smooth and full of flavor. They are not many, they are difficult to find, but when found, they will always stay with you." These words describe an incredible cigar, the Gurkha cigar. This cigar is handmade in the Dominican Republic with a beautiful Connecticut Shade wrapper and a smooth blend of Piloto Cubano Dominican filler. But the magic of this cigar only begins with its blend. It is then accented with COGNAC through a unique flavoring process which brings out one of the finest tastes ever found in a cigar.

edit;
Unless there is a difference between Gran Reserve and Grand Reserve.

I was kinda thinking about doing a box split on these -- but I am a little new at this to be running one. If a FOG would be interested in running it, I would be up for a fiver or 2!

sounds like a good idea :thumbs: I wouldn't mind if you started it. :D

I bought a 15 sampler (5 Churchills, Torpedos and Robustos) from Thompson a couple weeks ago. I took a torpedo and churchhill to the golf course on saturday. I lit up the torpedo first. After about 5 minutes, I noticed that the wrapper and the next layer was splitting the whole length of the cigar. It was so bad, that I had to throw it away. The Churchill was fine. Has anyone else had this problem? It was the damnedest(sp?) thing I had ever seen. I wish I had my camera so that I could show you.

Are there any known issues with aging the Tubos? I have a few lying down and would hate to lose them to the four letter word!

Also, should they be removed or are they ok to store in the tube? Humi is steady at 63 hopefully that helps mitigate some potential issues.

Looks like I will be inspecting them tonight!

Nothing like babysitting your cigars! My wife thinks, and I know, I am crazy. Good to have fellow BOTL's that make me seem / remotely normal. :thumbs: