• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Legend Perfecto

billytpage

I do mean WOW, but NOT in a good way. I really used to enjoy some of the Gurkha lines so when I found the legends on C-bid for $5 a stick I jumped on it. This was about 6 months ago. I have been consistently disappointed with them. I have smoked connies containing bits of plastic bailing twine that are less bitter than the "legends" I suffered through a third of it and pitched it. An hour later I smoked an 8-5-8 maduro, but the bitterness of the Gurkha cut right through the sweetness I usually expect from the 858's. The damn thing made my glass of Kansas tap water taste like honey in comparison. I guess sometimes there is a reason cigars that retail at $20 can be found for a "steal". :whistling:

Billy

Maybe you got a bad one... dunno. I've gotten some of these (torpedos or toros, I think, though) off of Cbid and I liked 'em. There's not much Gurkha I like, but these and the Regents are good smokes, imo.

6 months in your Humidor at ?% RH?

When I received mine from CI it took around that long for them to stabilize to 65% and then they tasted pretty good.

BTW the Legend Torpedo is hands down > than the Legends Perfecto.

I agree with Wurm, the torpedo is way better than the perfecto. I can never get the perf to burn right for some reason. But I do enjoy those torps.

Legends are certainly one of the better Gurkhas listed on Cbid. I like them and always have some on hand.

Maybe it was a bad one, but I have yet to have a good one that justifies a $20 msrp :laugh:

Billy

Maybe it was a bad one, but I have yet to have a good one that justifies a $20 msrp :laugh:

Billy

True words, but if you are paying that for a Gurkha, you're not looking in the right places.

Cigarbid, CI, or cigar.com. Best bet is cigarbid for price.

There's not much Gurkha I like, but these and the Regents are good smokes, imo.

My sentiments, exactly. I've had some burning issues with the perfecto legends once in a while and some of the other sizes perform better, but these are one of the few offerings from Gurkha worth the refined fuel.

The Legends are the only Gurkha I like. $2 on cbid is a great steal.

I had one last night, it was gifted to me by a BOTL, and I think it need some more down time. It was a pretty good smoke, great construction, and a real nice burn, and flavor. Not too complex, but it did have a bitter finish, but I think it just need longer than a 2-3 weeks down after being shipped over here. I have one more and look forward to trying these again in a month or so.

Tim

ETA: It was a robusto, I think. approx 6x50, not the true robusto size, but IIRC that is the size for this blend.

RH is such a critical factor. Not only to burn and draw but to taste and aroma. And the beads were a big factor, for me at least, in getting consistent, reliable 65% RH. I rarely smoke something OTT anymore.

Lat time was the 601 Green Label La Punta. OTT it had draw problems and the taste was very subdued. Now that they are recovered I realize I basically threw that cigar away. They are very good when smoked at the proper RH! :)