• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Opinions and/or Sources

oak

Let it burn...
I'm in my obsessive-compulsive gathering/testing/smoking mode - and was looking to gather more information on a brand I haven't had much contact with in the past.

I had a gurkha the other day (a master select perfecto #1) that I really liked, and was thinking about ordering some samplers or maybe a box to test out the line (I have never had an opportunity to try Gurkha before this).

Three questions:

1) Anyone have some opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the various cigars in their lines? (Grand Reserve, Master Select, Regent, Royal Salute, Expedition, Sherpa Green, Sherpa Red?) As opposed to general opinions, I'd love it if anyone had any other cigars that you'd compare the various lines to - cigars they are similar to; (or "if you like x, then you'll like this" examples?)

2) What is the best source for these cigars online? I've already bookmarked the sites linked from the gurka site (which included CI, along with two places I had never seen before: bestvaluecigars and tobaccogrove). Any place else have them for less cash?

3) Lastly, anyone a "gurka geek" with an assortment of Gurka's that's interested in a trade of some kind?

Whew! Man - I love sucking all the knowledge out of you guys, but it's hard typing so much... :D

Cheers, and thanks!

- Oak

Hmmmm may I suggest Ellman our own resident Gurkha Guru he knows all and see's all when it comes to Gurkha :D
as for atrade I don't know I heard Gurkhas go in never to be heard from again
something to do with his quality control standards

Ok where to start?

1.Gurkha Line Strenght from mild to bold in taste, IMHO
Sherpa (red)
Expedition
Grand Reserve
Royal Salute
Sherpa Diablo (green)
Master Select
Regent
Centurian Double-X
Legend

2.The best place to buy on line in CI or CB

3.I can set you up with a varity pack. send me a PM and we'll see what we can do

And there you have it........ The master of Gurkha has spoken and lent a helping hand!!!!

Nice job Ellman!!!

Oak, a good little sampler are these 5 packs that show up on Cbid Gurkha Sampler
See if you can win one to try some of the different offerings.

Ellman: Yes, I have bought from them before but only once. However, my supply of Master's Selects is running low so they'll be getting more business soon.

I really have not tried any of the Gurkha cigars. Maybe one day I will give them a try.