• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H Upmann Lonsdale (SLA MAY00)

cigardawg

I had a time finding these cigars. Just had to crack the box and smoke one yesterday evening. Went down to my favorite tobacconist's shop, sat down in the lounge, contemplated my day for a moment, and then brought out the cigar.

H Upmann Lonsdale (SLA MAY00)

Aesthetically, this was a pleasing cigar. The wrapper was a light to medium brown with only very minor veining. The seams were very clean and the triple cap was expertly applied. Years of being in the box imparted a very nice square-press to the cigar. I brought the cigar to my nose and was treated with sweet earth mingled with a little bit of wood...very pleasant. I clipped it (as always) and tested the draw...a little firm, but not bad.

After toasting the foot, I lit the cigar and was greeted with a nice billow of rich smoke. Yep, the draw had opened a bit and was just south excellent. Smoke production was decent, though not obscene (I happen to like obscene smoke production). The cigar formed a firm, medium gray ash as it burned, requiring me to physically knock it off. The burn was slow and even and it stayed cool throughout. As the cigar burned, the heated wrapper just above the burn-line still exhibited good oils and took on a nice sheen. The cigar actually tightened up a bit toward the end, but not enough to spoil the experience.

The initial taste was creamy and woody with just a hint of pepper. It quickly settled into a nice creamy coffee with woody notes flavor profile. There was just a hint of sweet spice on the finish. As it burned, it revealed some "herby" note and a very "clean" tobacco taste. Toward the midpoint, it picked up some body and developed a smokey richness. All in all, the body was medium and the tastes were elegant and smooth.

This was a different cigar that I just wanted for my collection. Fortunately, I was treated to a fine smoke. A smoke that has me thinking longingly of the next one. A rating, I give the H Upmann Lonsdale a firm A.