• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Magnum 46

T2P

Green Horn
H. Upmann Magnum 46

Who has not heard of Cuban cigars? Long touted as producing the pinnacle in quality cigars, that small island has made quite a name for itself. Determined to see if they could live up to the hype, I set out on trying one of the most consistently enjoyed sticks available, the H. Upmann Magnum 46.

On sight this stick is very attractive. Its gorgeous cocoa colored wrapper has an evenly oiled sheen. The ruggedness is brought out by a consistent amount of veins although none of them are overly imposing. A slight wrinkled appearance gives the wrapper some character but does not detract from the overall look or construction. Beautifully complimented by the simple red and gold embossed band it is very striking.

Cleanly cutting through the cigars triple cap releases prelight flavors of a slight sweetness with mild pepper tone. Upon lighting this gives way to butter and spice. Earth notes join the party with a subtle mint undertone. As the cigar fades into an almost nutty flavor I cannot help but admire the construction. A razor burn and excellent draw leave behind a wake of solid gray ash. Although it is a bit dry of a smoke, the consistently changing flavors are able to be brought out but drinking some quality H2O every once in a while.

Moving into the second third unleashes a spice burst for a while but fades back into nuttiness. Mild hints of ginger linger after this change, which continues into the half way mark. At about the halfway point the ash comes off for the first time. The spiciness takes charge again and overcomes most other flavors. After a short while it subsides just enough to let a mild sweetness, perhaps vanilla, show itself. Despite the sweetness this cigar does finish out its course with a healthy amount of spice, which was not the most enjoyable aspect of this smoke.

Solid construction and an outstanding appearance make the cigar easy to look but the flavor is what knocks you away. Typically I gravitate towards cigars with complex flavors that maintain a solid baseline and this stick fits that bill to a “T”. The spice serves to tie the entire smoke together while the nuttiness, earth, ginger and vanilla add excitement. Although I have had other Non-Cuban cigars that surpass this, the H. Upmann Magnum 46 is truly an amazing experience. Throughout this entire cigar I kept reveling in the fact that I have four more of these waiting in my humidor to try in future years.

P4240125-1.jpg

P4240129-1.jpg

P4240138.jpg

P4240139-1.jpg

This is truly a great cigar and in the best format,CG.
I smoke one a couple of days a go and it was superb.
I was really surprised by it,definitely will stock more on this one in order to
see how they will taste in a few years.

Great review and pics.

From what year was the cigar?

love them just bought a box last month trying to age some but i keep smoking them.