• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann No.2

Lemon

Sorry for making a topic of my own for this cigar, seeing how atuck just made one. I just felt like my review should have its own topic. More like a principle than a grab for attention.

So, the H.Upmann No.2. Take the band of and it looks exactly like a Monte No.2, or the other way around? Aren't Monte's made in the Upmann factory? Actually, keep the band on and someone with bad sight will say it's a Monte, because the band has the same size and color. I'm sure all of you knew this, but I was surprised :) Two sites called this one a pyramide, but the store called it a torpedo. It sure looks more like a torpedo, only the capped end of the cigar is tapering. It felt pretty oily & silky, felt like a quality cigar!

I cut it with my Xikar, and tried the draw. It was a bit tight, but not enough to worry me. When I light it up, it starts burning pretty evenly right away, after a few corrections. The draw is still pretty tight, but there is enough smoke for enjoying it. The smoke is thick and creamy, I love it when it's like this :love: This cigar I smoked with only sipping some water now and then, when really necessary. I wanted to try to get some individual tastes out of it.

The flavors were very nice. I expected a stronger cigar, but I wasn't at all disappointed. Some flavors I noticed were nut, pepper and at the end even some mint (!). It also had the basic "cedary" flavor of an ISOM. I'm still not sure if this is the right word to use. I smelled the smoke a lot because it smelled excellent. Honey and toffee, like smelling some nice bourbon :D It held the ash quite well, but then I could see it bending when taking a generous puff, and it fell. Luckily on the lawn.

The end was perhaps a bit bitter, but not unpleasant. Like atuck, I also felt a bit of a "nicotine buzz" after this one. It took me nearly two hours to finish. All in all, this is a cigar with a good reputation, and it has proven to me that it deserves that reputation. Of the #2's I've had (Monte, Diplomaticos, Upmann) this was the best imo. If I could get these for a nice price somewhere, I would not be surprised if I ordered a box in the future. Maybe I should try to review a bad cigar sometime, I have certainly had many of those too... :whistling:

Great review. :thumbs: I love the H Upmann No. 2s. I have to agree, of the No. 2s, I think the Upmann is the best, but is that ever tough to decide. All of the current Torpedos (Monte, Dip, H Up, and VR Unicos) are great.

cigardawg said:
Great review. :thumbs: I love the H Upmann No. 2s. I have to agree, of the No. 2s, I think the Upmann is the best, but is that ever tough to decide. All of the current Torpedos (Monte, Dip, H Up, and VR Unicos) are great.
[snapback]198917[/snapback]​

I love them all too. :love: All the belicosos are good too.

Nice Review. I'm a fan of the Upmann Cigars and have been known to enjoy a couple here and there.

Nice review :thumbs: These are outstanding cigars and much more consistent in my experience then the Diplo or Monte 2. I don't think I've ever had a bad one.

Pardon my newbness.....

I like H. Upman. The Corona is my favorite, so far. I have not had one of theirs for ISOM. Is the No. 2 from ISOM? If not, how much are on average?

TO

toliver said:
Pardon my newbness.....

I like H. Upman. The Corona is my favorite, so far. I have not had one of theirs for ISOM. Is the No. 2 from ISOM? If not, how much are on average?

TO
[snapback]205955[/snapback]​

Yes, the No. 2 is from Cuba.