• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Suprema #2

KStevenson

H. Upmann Suprema #2
6 inches x 51 ring (Torpedo)
Wrapper: Cameroon Binder: Cameroon Filler: Brazil & DRGot this one from JR's 12 days of Christmas sale. The box has vintage 1995 burned into it, so they have some age on them. Nice colorado claro (aka EMS) wrapper with bloom on it here and there.Lit it up and immediately enjoyed the smell of the smoke. The taste, however, is probably best described as subtle and understated. With a cameroon wrapper and binder, I was expecting loads of spice, but that wasn't the case with this one. The flavor was mellow and went very well with the locally brewed porter I was drinking.The cigar had the usual H. Upmann construction. It burned well and evenly. The ash was a bit on the flaky side, but it didn't make too much of a mess.The flavor did improve some as I smoked it. It was still a very mild smoke. (My tastes have migrated to more full bodied cigars.) Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, but will reserve them for times when I can stop and pay full attention to the flavors in the cigar.I know I'm not the only one to have bought these. What do the rest of you think?

I got two boxes of the #4, a robusto size. The five I have smoked so far have burned well with a light dry flavor which I found I enjoy in a morning smoke. Goes well with coffee. The only regret I have is that I didn't just drop the hammer and buy a box of each size.