• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. UPMANN SUPREMA VINTAGE '95

emodx

Banned
Has anyone tried these? The regular line is decent...But for the price I was concerned on the taste. Then again, this is JR's prices...lol Lemme know cause I am gonna buy a box of something soon, and this is on the maybe list.

Emo

The Upmann's don't do it for me, Emo. I have only smoke a few and didn't really enjoy them. I do have one in the dor that I may give another try to as the first two were at the beginning of my cigar experience. :D

All the H. Upmann's that I've tried are extremely MILD!

JRs has an offering currently for Fonseca cigars that were made for the German market...that are extremely good. I was at the store in Statesville, NC last week and one of their sales clerks was bragging about this brand to another customer. I had thought about buying some, but had talked myself out of it. Overhearing the conversation made me curious again and I bought a box of the #6's, which is approximately a Corona Gorda. Medium to Full bodied. Spicy. Burns well. Box was $69 or so if I remember correctly. The cedar box that they came in was a work of art in itself. Had German writing on the side. Zigarren. This item was in the very back of JRs new catalog. Seems the wrappers are dark brown in color and the German's prefer light colored wrappers. Anyway, the cigars are good. I've already smoked 7 or 8 of them and they are descent now and should improve with age. JMHO

Sam ;)

The Upmanns are good for a morning smoke. I bought two boxes of the #4 year before last when JR was running their 12 Days of Christmas sales. Finished one box and am halfway through the second. Be aware that the wrappers are extremely fragile.

Sam, did you find the draw on those Fonsecas to be a little too easy? I've smoked several of the #4's and all the draws were very loose. Nice flavor on the cigars though.

Yeah, the Fonsecas are very easy to draw. I lit a few of them and they just popped and cracked when the fire hit them...I had to laugh. Still, they have a good flavor and I am glad that I bought them. Old Lew has some really good offerings from time to time.

The H. Upmann is a good mild - change of pace cigar, and they WOULD be a great morning smoke.

Sam