• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Habanos for the Spainish market

I'm not arguing with you bro, I think we are both on the same sheet of music, I'm just making sure you see my full point of view. Gary likes playing the forum policeman sometimes and this time I think he blew his whistle too soon and I wanted to show why.
I grok!

Oh, and as for Gary, I think I think he like playing cop because he gets to wear the costume of the Village People's lead singer. :p

Wilkey

I believe it has always been that you could not buy (if you weren't registered) cuban products anywhere.

You're right; it was part of the original Cuba sanctions put into place in 1963. I guess I never really thought about that until the restrictions were tightened in 2004. I think all the amendment did was to further restrict travel to Cuba and what you could bring back.

I missed the start of this thread because I was IN SPAIN and not checking the boards. It seems to have degenerated into a rant about Habanos sources so I won't mention the new 2008 prices in Spain (up another 5% as of April) or the reduced prices on some brands and sizes (like Sancho Sancho).
If anyone is traveling or wants recent info, we could start another thread.

Commander Bob
And the "duty-free" prices are still higher than the prices in the Madrid shops.

Agreed the prices sucked. The duty free prices are higher than internet prices. I saw a lot of limited editions for sale.

Bob, I'm hopefully off to Madrid soon, so I'd love to know about the prices of cigars, specifically cigars from the ISOM.

Also I heard there's a cigar shop in one of the Madrid airports - La Cava del Cigarro - if you know of it?

Any information gratefully received.

I missed the start of this thread because I was IN SPAIN and not checking the boards. It seems to have degenerated into a rant about Habanos sources so I won't mention the new 2008 prices in Spain (up another 5% as of April) or the reduced prices on some brands and sizes (like Sancho Sancho).
If anyone is traveling or wants recent info, we could start another thread.

Commander Bob
And the "duty-free" prices are still higher than the prices in the Madrid shops.

Bob, I'm hopefully off to Madrid soon, so I'd love to know about the prices of cigars, specifically cigars from the ISOM.

Also I heard there's a cigar shop in one of the Madrid airports - La Cava del Cigarro - if you know of it?

I know the shop. Avoid if possible.
Oops.
Since "sources will be discussed"... PM sent.

CB

Cheers Bob (no pm yet though!)

Oops.

CB

Cheers Bob (no pm yet though!)

Oops.

CB

Email sent

Rather than start a new thread I'm going to resurrect this one. I'll be heading to Spain soon and looking for cigar shop recommendations. The cities where I will have shopping opportunities include Madrid, Granada and Seville. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, any price lists out there? I've only been able to find a list from 2007.

Thanks!

I actually endend up in Dubai instead of Madrid lol, so I won't be of much use. Veryyy late change of plan for me!

Rather than start a new thread I'm going to resurrect this one. I'll be heading to Spain soon and looking for cigar shop recommendations. The cities where I will have shopping opportunities include Madrid, Granada and Seville. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, any price lists out there? I've only been able to find a list from 2007.

Thanks!

Price list that applied last summer: **********************
(Edited and pm:ed to Steve, sorry)

In every big city there should be huge department stores called "El Corte Ingles" that sell cigars. At least one in Barcelona had a walk-in with nice a selection.

Thanks!

Price list that applied last summer: **********************
(Edited and pm:ed to Steve, sorry)

In every big city there should be huge department stores called "El Corte Ingles" that sell cigars. At least one in Barcelona had a walk-in with nice a selection.

Not only is that posting a source, it's precariously close to being an advertisement. This being your first day, first post and all...

- Tim

Edited to add: Good move removing that.

When I was in Madrid the Cortés ingles only had certain 3 and 4 stick boxes of cohiba and they were stored with the cigarettes out in the open in a section that was like a perfume section, not humidified or anything. I assumed they were the machine made ones and didn’t need to be stored properly.
Everyone i asked would tell me to go to these Kiosk type things that sold cigarettes and that i would find cigars there but again no humidor just those 3 and 4 packs sitting there.