• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had a Padilla just now

Mangudai

I usually like these things but damn for the first inch it tasted like I was smoking char...ugh. What gives? I also noticed that when I would inhale I would also get bits of the leaves as well. I got better after the first inch but I was wondering what could cause this.

I usually like these things but damn for the first inch it tasted like I was smoking char...ugh. What gives? I also noticed that when I would inhale I would also get bits of the leaves as well. I got better after the first inch but I was wondering what could cause this.
What Padilla was it mate?
I have some Hybrid Robusto which are a nice easy smoke, but they have a real delicate wrapper.

smoking too hot would give the charcoal taste... but then again, there could be a variety of reasons for that taste too....

It was a padilla miami either 5 x 50 or 7 x 50. I was having humidity issue last week but I put a small bowl of water in the hmidor and its been @ 65 rh for the last few days so i figured it would be fine. I noticed the wrapper was slightly cracked near the foot before i smoked it.

Man that sucks to hear. I smoked my first Padilla last night. Thanks to LOYD. I really enjoyed it, it was the Padilla Miami Torpedo.