• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had a very NEWB moment the other day...

Truckingtiger

So, Im in the TeePee Smoke shop on the border of Az and NM the other day picking up the three Padrons that I have. I kept remembering people on here talking about the Opus and the Opus X, etc. and thought to myself "hmmmm...I'll try to get one of those to see what the hype is all about". I'll bet I spent half an hour looking for "Opus" brand cigars. Didnt want to ask the lady behind the counter as she was really busy. I couldnt find the Opus boxes at ALL, so I figured they were rare and this place just didnt carry them. LOL. It wasnt until I was finished driving my shift that I came on here to find out that Opus is an AF line of cigars. I felt really stupid and really newbish (which I am...LOL).

Just thought you guys would get a kick outta that little story. Im just glad I didnt come here and post it as a question. I actually searched for it and found out. Im sure the search police are happy about that. LOL...
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't feel bad about that. I didn't realize that AF made a whole clutch of the cigars I enjoy until after I started reading CigarPass. Arturo Fuente makes the Ashton line, Opus X, La Aroma de Cuba, Flor de Ybor City, Hemmingway, Cuesta Rey, God of Fire... the list goes on.

I think this is the parent company website: http://www.tampasweetheart.com/ I'm not really 100% on the company's organization. AFAIK, Tampa Sweethearts is the umbrella cigar company that was started by Arturo Fuente.

LOL...not feeling bad, just a bit ignorant. LOL. To be expected, though. Hell, I just smoked my first cigar last week.
rolleyes.gif

Arturo Fuente makes the Ashton line, Opus X, La Aroma de Cuba, Flor de Ybor City, Hemmingway, Cuesta Rey, God of Fire... the list goes on.

Good to know. It makes a little more sense that I enjoy all of those listed (at least the ones I've tried).

Ha. Much of the enjoyment that comes from cigar smoking is learning new things. Sounds like you are embracing the experience. Good on you. :thumbs:

No, it's a Pepin blend manafactured by J.C. Newman. The same Co. that makes AF, Ashton etc.

Doc.

Yes, with tobacco bought from Oliva.........The bigger it gets, the smaller it gets. :sign:

Don't feel bad about that. I didn't realize that AF made a whole clutch of the cigars I enjoy until after I started reading CigarPass. Arturo Fuente makes the Ashton line, Opus X, La Aroma de Cuba, Flor de Ybor City, Hemmingway, Cuesta Rey, God of Fire... the list goes on.

I think this is the parent company website: http://www.tampasweetheart.com/ I'm not really 100% on the company's organization. AFAIK, Tampa Sweethearts is the umbrella cigar company that was started by Arturo Fuente.

Probably get your best prices from Tampa Sweethearts as well. AF product comes in from the Dominican straight to them, then out to everyone else.

Oh Jack, how could you tell him that? Now he will have to find a second job. Those dang things are just SOoooooo good.