• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Handrolled Cigars

AngryFishH

Official Big Fish
I was recently in Tampa and spent some time in one of the local cigar stores, JDV Handrolled Cigars. Ulysses and Amy (owners) are great cigar people and greeted us with espresso and great conversation. The cigars were one of the best non-commercial sticks I have had and wanted to pass the review on to the rest of you. I was wearing my CP hat (which I do when I travel) and after explaining what the community was they have extended a discount to the rest of you that enjoy local cigars and encourage you to call and ask questions. They will roll custom vitolas and wrappers if you are interested and sell the usual commercial brands but their house brand was clearly the way to go.

I smoked a CT Shade Robusto, Candella Robusto and a Giant Torpedo while I was there. The Torp was the hands down favorite and aged 3 months was one of the best cigars I have had, boutique or not. I came home with 50 of these bad boys to hold me over until my next order. I believe it was a Sumatran wrapper with Dominican filler. The taste on first light was chocolate with an almost leathery undertone, then it got better the more you smoked it. I'd swear I tasted apples as it got to the end and almost burned my fingers trying to get the last few puffs out. As you all know I am a Fuente guy and these reminded me a lot of the Hemi Maduro's.

I am not affiliated with the store in any way, just wanted to pass the experience along. If you decide to stop by or call be sure and mention me (Howard) for a discount on your order.

4058 Tampa Rd in Oldsmar, FL
www.jdvhandrolledcigars.com
813-818-7175 (store)
727-512-5517 (orders)

You should get them on here and post some information about the cigars they offer.

GB?

You should get them on here and post some information about the cigars they offer.

GB?

They are not real savvy internet folks. But I will ask. I copied this from their website and again I have no affiliation with them other then I really like the cigars.

---From Website---
Ublado Marrero was born in Santiespirito, Cuba. He followed his parents’ footsteps and started cigar rolling at 15 years old. He first starting learning his trade at a factory named Bausa in a little town called Cabaiguan. He continued working there for over 19 years and learned to make all type of cigars. Ublado decided to continue with his trade when he moved to the U.S. in 2007. Shortly after arriving by boat in southern Florida he moved to Tampa, Florida and started working in Ybor City. He later came to work at JDV Hand Rolled Cigars in Oldsmar, Florida. We are happy to have someone with over 21 years contributing to JDV’s own line of hand rolled cigars.

All of our cigars are made mild to medium-body. We can make them medium body to full-body when they are special ordered. The Especial and Exclusive are special order. They may be done mild, medium, full or mild to medium-body.

Filler – 3 – Blend /Dominican Republic/ Nicaragua
Wrapper – Ecuador Connecticut – Natural
Wrapper – Ecuador – Maduro

Pricing:
1 Cigar $5.00 each
2 to 9 Cigars $4.00 each
10 or more Cigars $3.50 each

These cigars are stocked Natural:(Special Order in Maduro)
Corona 38 x 6 ½
Mareva 42 x 5
Lancero 38 x 5 ½
Double Corona 50 x 7 ½
Especial JDV 60 x 6 ½

These cigars are stocked Natural & Maduro
Robusto 50 x 5
Double Robusto 54 x 6 ½
Double Corona 50 x 7 ½
Churchhill 48 x 7
Torpedo 52 x 6 ½
Especial JDV 60 x 6 ½

This cigar is special order for both Natural & Maduro
Exclusive Torpedo 58 x 6 ¾ (This is the one I ended up getting)

Hope this helps.

Fish