• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy days are here again

Marco-Polo

Go Irish Go!
I moved to Philadelphia at the end of May to rejoin my spouse, and waited all summer long to get my employment authorization (I'm a Canadian national, as is my wife, and have been playing musical status on the way to a green card). I've been to god knows how many interviews, both in business school and while here, and finally got an offer in writing today (one tentative offer ended up pulled due to a lack of funding; another series of interviews ended with the firm deferring all hiring until 2009). I'll be starting in two weeks, doing market research. Not my perfect job (it's out in the burbs, not in center city; the pay's a little low; it'll be tough adjusting to a new industry) but a good job with a nice signing bonus and the opportunity to make my mark in a new career area.

So, on to the main event. My wife's away at a work function this evening, so I took the dog out for a walk, in the rain, with what's possibly the best cigar I own: a Romeo y Julieta EL 2005 belicoso, courtesy of Seanholio. Very nice smoke, even though damp, alone and running around after Satan's lapdog (check out the pics in the puppy pass and you'll see what I mean) is no place to properly enjoy it.

That said, I enjoyed it anyway. Now that it's rejoined many of its burned-out brothers in the past, it's time to look forward to the future.

You should tell that story to your next prospective employer...shows tenacity!

Hope all goes well, and that you find fulfulling work. :thumbs:

Grats on the new job as well. Hope it leads to good things for! Ive been at my new one for about a month now, and havent looked back.

Way to go on the new job! I can't believe it took so many turns for you, after all you speak at least two languages, English and Canadian. :laugh: