• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Earth Day

tsmckenney

Mick
Might be cool to share some photos, whatever inspires folks. I know there are some pretty decent photographers here. I'm not really one of them.

Here's a snap from Siwa, Egypt. This is one of two large oasis' within the country.

SiwaOasis.jpg

This is a picture from a hike to Blanca Lake in WA last summer. The stream we dammed up is directly fed by the Columbia Glacier which is about 300 ft behind this pool we made. The glacier has retreated significantly in the last 30 years.

gallery_4687_1146_28953.jpg

Might be cool to share some photos, whatever inspires folks. I know there are some pretty decent photographers here. I'm not really one of them.

Here's a snap from Siwa, Egypt. This is one of two large oasis' within the country.

Great photo tsmckenney. With the current economy, there is a likelihood of me traveling to a few countries including Egypt and Dubai as we chase work. What is your general impression of the people, culture, and geography?

Great photo tsmckenney. With the current economy, there is a likelihood of me traveling to a few countries including Egypt and Dubai as we chase work. What is your general impression of the people, culture, and geography?

Arabs have a very 'in your face' culture. Once we realized that was the way they communicated with everyone, we had no difficulties. The geography can be mind blowing. I highly recommend the oasis'. No problems with the people. If you're white, you'll have to deal with the stereotype of being wealthy, like most anywhere in the Developing World. The culture is old and rich.

We traveled through Egypt for 6 weeks. I can easily say the best times we had were far away from the tourist traps. Great country to backpack through. Very cheap as well.

Shoot a pm if you want to know anything else.

This is a picture from a hike to Blanca Lake in WA last summer. The stream we dammed up is directly fed by the Columbia Glacier which is about 300 ft behind this pool we made. The glacier has retreated significantly in the last 30 years.

gallery_4687_1146_28953.jpg
How dare you contaminate that pure water with your filth!

:laugh:

That is a breathtaking stream.

What am I doing for Earth Day? Increasing my carbon footprint by burning some rolled up vegetation.

A rainbow here in Mississippi and a sunset in Key West. Nature's beauty ( and natural beauties) in general inspire me.

April22009058.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg