• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Women's Equality Day everyone

"K"

Cigar Grand Poohbah
Today, in 1920 was when the 19th amendment allowing women to vote was enacted.

To the troves of female members, happy womens equality day.

Well like most men, you are a pre-mature ejaculator...err...I mean poster...I for one kind Sir thank you from the bottom of my lil ole southern, lost heart that I can now vote *wipes her brow*

little ole melly

I could of sworn that was August 18th 1920. Not the 25th or 26th.

Happy 2011 Women's Equality Day!!!!

Wow, I was real pre-mature on that one. Give me another 45 minutes to an hour and I'll try it again. I swear, I'll get it right next time :rolleyes:

It was on this day in 1920 that the 19th Amendment was formally incorporated into the U.S. Constitution. It said: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex." It ended more than 70 years of struggle by the suffragist movement.

Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby signed the proclamation that morning at 8 a.m. at his home. There was no ceremony of any kind, and no photographers were there to capture the moment. And none of the leaders of the woman suffrage movement were present to see him do it. Colby just finished his cup of coffee and signed the document with a regular, steel pen. Then he said, "I turn to the women of America and say: 'You may now fire when you are ready. You have been enfranchised.'"

From Today's Aug 26th Writers Almanac.
K is correct. You others....
Doc.

My apologizes, I remembered Google had a 19th Amendment link on their page homepage on the 18th. As well as quite a few other sites stating August 18th such as Wiki.

Wiki
United States Constitution

Not trying to say anyone here is wrong.

I'll be sure to take the wife to dinner, let her drive and park the car, and pay the tab. I'm sure she will appreciate the equality......:p

My apologizes, I remembered Goggle had a Th Amendment link on their page homepage on the Th. As well as quite a few other sites stating August Th such as Viki.

Viki
United States Constitution

Not trying to say anyone here is wrong.

The problem is the difference between ratified and Incorporated. Words make a difference. It's like the difference between the Church in England (Henry the VIII) and the Church of England (Elizabeth I) two very different things.

Doc.

Well now that its over; I dont know about the rest of you,
but I plan on being EXTRA degrading and malicious towards women.

Also, thanks for backin me Doc. I owe you one. Your my boy, son. CP Fo LIFE, NY Fo LIFE!

I hope no one took my comments personal. Doc pointed out I was wrong. I tried to justify my answer and was shot down again. Now I know.

I hope no one took my comments personal. Doc pointed out I was wrong. I tried to justify my answer and was shot down again. Now I know.

NO! Ya DONE SON!! NOBODY second guesses me, except me! Your finished! Your lucky my bro Doc handled this (I was out doin gangsta stuff), because I aint so kind.

Naw, we always cool though.

Gangsta stuff

NO! Ya DONE SON!! NOBODY second guesses me, except me! Your finished! Your lucky my bro Doc handled this (I was out doin gangsta stuff), because I aint so kind.

Naw, we always cool though.

Gangsta stuff

Would you please go back to lurking? I think it's the best for all involved.

BBS, I like your idea and will propose that tonight and see where it gets me. Not that I mind the couch, it's kind of like camping out.