• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has a monster just been created? First smoke...

Truckingtiger

Reaction score
OMG! I just unwrapped my first cigar, a Padron 2000, and lit it up. What I thought was going to be a taste that I wouldn't like turned into something that I want more of...NOW! It was a little strong to me at first but as I went along, it got smooth to me and the taste was not something that I expected. It a nutshell, I just fell in. Love with it! I have two other brands in the truck, a CAO Brazillian and an Acid Kuma Kuma. I'm gonna try one of those a bit later today. I hope I like those as much as I did the Padron.

My wife may leave me cause I can see this getting expensive. Lol.

You smoked the best first IMHO.
If you liked the Padron that much man are you in trouble :sign:
Welcome to the slippery slope my friend.

....first, it's a Kuba Kuba, and second, friends don't let friends smoke Acids.....:p

Completely agree with beyond the band; you smoked the absolute best of the three. If you liked that, score a Pepin Blue Label. It's a very similar smoke, with perhaps a bit more pepper on the tongue. That pepper on the front of the tongue, in a nutshell, is probably one of the defining differences between the Pepin and Padron smokes.

Enjoy the ride....B.B.S.

Stick one of those Padrons in the back of your humidor for 6 months to a year, and see what you think of it then ... :love: !!

so the acid isnt a good one? and sorry about the mis spelling...was typing thsat on my iphone and it corrected it for some reason.

Acids are flavored with, with, Hell I don't know what they put in those. Don't keep em in the same place with the "real" smokes

The other BOTLs are correct. Of the three cigars you purchase, you started with the best, but that isn't a bad way to start things off. The Brazilia is a bit stronger than the Padron IMHO, but a chocolatey (is that even a word?) cigar it is. As far as the Acid goes...it is a flavor infused cigar. What they use, I don't know, but I can say they are very popular smokes and sell like crazy. That said...they aren't too popular here at CP, but I do know other BOTLs who enjoy them, even if it is only from time to time. I've mentioned this before though...you should smoke the cigars that suit your tastes and fit the profile of what you like regardless of the opinion of others. You're the one paying for the cigar. You're the one smoking it, and you're the one tasting it. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. Everyone else be damned. Many cigar smokers have started their cigar journey with Acids, Dutch Master, White Owls, you name it...maybe this is where you start, but chances are it won't be where you end up.

....first, it's a Kuba Kuba, and second, friends don't let friends smoke Acids.....:p

BTW...BBS, how you know so much about Acids?? :laugh:

G-
Commented on this previously:
...was given an Acid "Krush Classic" maduro and all it took was about three drags before it hit the ashtray....for good.

I swear - that thing tasted and smelled just exactly like "Old Spice" after shave. Just horrible......had to power hork another stick to get the taste out of my mouth.... :laugh:

Regards - B.B.S.
I had to use brake cleaner to get the stench off my stinky ashtray and cutter. Washed my mouth out, first with kerosene, then grain alcohol. Took a belt sander to my fingertips, then rinsed them off with acetone. Had to burn the top deck and start over. Replaced the siding on the back of the house, too.

...any questions...??....:laugh:

BTW...BBS, how you know so much about Acids?? :laugh:

G-
Commented on this previously:
...was given an Acid "Krush Classic" maduro and all it took was about three drags before it hit the ashtray....for good.

I swear - that thing tasted and smelled just exactly like "Old Spice" after shave. Just horrible......had to power hork another stick to get the taste out of my mouth.... :laugh:

Regards - B.B.S.
I had to use brake cleaner to get the stench off my stinky ashtray and cutter. Washed my mouth out, first with kerosene, then grain alcohol. Took a belt sander to my fingertips, then rinsed them off with acetone. Had to burn the top deck and start over. Replaced the siding on the back of the house, too.

LMAO! Now that was funny right dere! :laugh:

well, after i ate a great steak a while ago for lunch, i broke open the CAO. I liked it...didnt LOVE it. It had a spicy taste to it and even had a spicy feel on my tongue and lips. Made a horrible mistake and inhaled at the wrong time. Thought i was gonna cough up a lung. One thing is for sure, it was a bit harsher than the Padron...even got a bit of a buzz off it. I thought it was gonna make me hack up my lunch there for a second, but I preservered.

Ended up being a real nice guy and giving the Acid to my Student. He seemed to really enjoy it...so I didnt even try the Acid at all. It was cool, though...we sat for an hour and smoked the cigars in the truck and just shot the shit.

Im hooked!

THAT seriously made me laugh til I almost puked.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

If you liked the Padron that much man are you in trouble :sign:
Welcome to the slippery slope my friend.

yep, im in trouble. Just told my student to stop at that same shop on the way back through Az. gonna get 5 or 6 more Padrons to have for our trip back across the country.

well, after i ate a great steak a while ago for lunch, i broke open the CAO. I liked it...didnt LOVE it. It had a spicy taste to it and even had a spicy feel on my tongue and lips. Made a horrible mistake and inhaled at the wrong time. Thought i was gonna cough up a lung. One thing is for sure, it was a bit harsher than the Padron...even got a bit of a buzz off it. I thought it was gonna make me hack up my lunch there for a second, but I preservered.

Ended up being a real nice guy and giving the Acid to my Student. He seemed to really enjoy it...so I didnt even try the Acid at all. It was cool, though...we sat for an hour and smoked the cigars in the truck and just shot the shit.

Im hooked!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Just want to clarify that you're not actually inhaling the cigar smoke, correct? Trust me, stranger things have been done! So if you aren't and you already knew you weren't supposed to then great! However, if you are, make sure you're only taking the smoke into your mouth and holding it there before you exhale! :thumbs: This will most assuredly cut down on that need to cough up your lungs! :laugh:

Happy smoking, brother!

Im hooked!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Just want to clarify that you're not actually inhaling the cigar smoke, correct? Trust me, stranger things have been done! So if you aren't and you already knew you weren't supposed to then great! However, if you are, make sure you're only taking the smoke into your mouth and holding it there before you exhale! :thumbs: This will most assuredly cut down on that need to cough up your lungs! :laugh:

Happy smoking, brother!

Kind of like THIS????

Hey Tiger, don't let these guys fool you. ACID Kuba Kubas are delicious! It is an acquired taste but, I have never met anyone who didn't like it when I handed them one. Like thechenman said smoke what you like. Don't skip the chance to smoke a cigar because someone else didn't like it or you are worried what other people will think of you.

What if you never tried bacon because someone once told you it was awful.

Im hooked!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Happy smoking, brother!

Kind of like THIS????

I always wondered where that phrase came from! :laugh:

Acid's aren't all that bad, at least not in my experience. But they are certainly not why I smoke cigars..

Hey Tiger, don't let these guys fool you. ACID Kuba Kubas are delicious! It is an acquired taste but, I have never met anyone who didn't like it when I handed them one......

Acid's aren't all that bad, at least not in my experience. But they are certainly not why I smoke cigars.....

Ok, let's clear the air on Acids....

When I have a drink, it's usually a good quality bourbon, or a good quality scotch, or a good quality gin....on the rocks or neat. Why? I'm not looking for the flavor of soda pop or mixer or whatever; I buy good quality liquor and want to experience the taste, the complexity, the flavors that are unique to the product in the glass. Sure, I have a mixed drink here and there, but not that often, to be honest.

When I have a steak, I like mine mediuim rare, please. A little course ground pepper, a little garlic, and maybe a little sea salt. Not a quart of Heinz 57, not a pound of blue cheese piled on top, etc. I get good steaks and want to experience the taste and texture of a great cut of meat, cooked properly.

Which leads me to cigars. I want to taste properly aged tobacco, well blended by someone that knows what they are doing. I want it properly rolled to further the taste of a great smoke. I'd like it aged correctly to provide the proper finish to a fine cigar. I do NOT want to taste heavy fragerances added to the smoke to "enhance" it's flavor. Anything added is just a distraction from what I'm looking for when I grab a cigar.

Now, to be sure, the guys at Drew Estate know how to blend and make a good smoke, so it's not like I and the other guys are bagging on them specifically. Their Liga Privada line is just wonderful....a very fine, maybe even great smoke.

Sure, they sell lots of Acids....lots of them. They also sell a lot of wine coolers and other "soda pop" alcoholic beverages that I don't care for. Maybe it's an acquired taste. Maybe it comes with time, when the sublties of a fine smoke are bliss, rather than being pounded on the taste buds with "essential oils" or other nonsense. Try telling a bunch of wine connesours how much you like wine coolers, or a group of liquor enthusiasts how much you like to mix your bourbon with Coke. See how that works out for you.....
tongue.gif

At the end of the day, it's all about personal prefernce. But, you shouldn't be surprised that the guys that hang with this hobby long term don't really smoke Acids, nor recommend them.

As they say, one man's opinion.....B.B.S.

Kinda funny...I am exactly like you when it comes to what Im looking for. Steak? When I want steak...REAL steak, I go to Ruths' Chris. I like my wine in the Cabernet variety, not Boone's Farm. In other words, Im looking to taste the wine, not get drunk. Yet, I know nothing about cigars so I rely on the experts to lead me. I dont want gimmicks, I want the real taste.

God, I hate being a newb...LOL!