• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone ditched their landline?

Horse

Member 200
Today is a day that will go down in...

Yup, I finally got the nerve to yank the landline today. I mean, heck...x many 'anytime' minutes + unlimited nights and weekends, and I don't talk on the phone very much... why the hell have it? Matter-o-fact, I feel a certain weight (monthly bill) off of my shoulders (wallet). :)

I dumped my phone line years ago. The only real good reason to have a phone line now is to have a DSL. I have gone 100% wireless. I also dumped cable tv in favor of satellite.

I dumped mine years ago as well. Funny thing is I remember thinking how laughable it was that cell companies used to advertise your cell phone as your "only" phone :sign:

I tried, but my wife restored it. She was not satisfied with the quality of cell reception in the house (and wouldn't let me try a repeater instead)

No phone? ??? I don't think I could do that, same reason- my cell phones reception in my house is terrible, almost unusable. Often I'll miss calls because the call didn't go through.

Gots to have a real landline :)

I dumped my landline about 3 years ago, and don't regret a single thing about it. I have a huge number of minutes, and have RoadRunner for my internet.

ALostTexan

In the northeast, cell phones tend to be much more unreliable than almost anywhere alse in the country.

It's slowly getting better as they keep building towers.

I wish I could dump my land line but for now, I'm stuck with it until the cell phone situation gets beter around here.

Of course I am out in the middle of nowhere, and I make fun of SD_Stack, living like a hillbilly, yeah well ya oughta see Chaplin sometime :sign: we're in the styx but "civization" is pretty close by ;)

Styx, Your in the middle of town compared to me. My cell phone is terrible and I have a Bag phone still. Wife has a digital and it sounds like I am talking to a Klingnon :D

Were still in the land of copper and 35 KBPS. :angry:

coventrycat86 said:
Of course I am out in the middle of nowhere, and I make fun of SD_Stack, living like a hillbilly
yea but he has a donkey in his yard....you only have a few jaguars ;)

I haven't had a land line for 2 years. Found the best way to improve my Sprint reception was to set it to digital only. That eliminated 90% of the drops that I was having, apparently they were coming from the phones trying to switch modes. I really don't have any problem not having a land line.

coventrycat86 said:
Of course I am out in the middle of nowhere, and I make fun of SD_Stack, living like a hillbilly, yeah well ya oughta see Chaplin sometime :sign:
When have you made fun of me. :angry:

Gunpowder said:
I have a Bag phone still.
:0 :p :0 I remember those........... Those were so cool back in the day :) I remember walking through the mall with my transportable- it mounted (snapped) into the car, and you could pull it out (since it had a handle) and walk around with it.. no bag, per se... and the thing weighed about 15 pounds (seriously)

BUT, it was a 3watt monster that you could make a phone call from just about anywhere ;)

Dumped mine last week. Luckily cable company was offering special on cable modem/digital cable package. More TV. FASTER COMPUTER. A phone I a carry with me.

Still on a 56K modem :( , and my wife and I share it by connecting our PCs via a crosover network cable :0 . But for the dial up we keep the land line. All phone calls we make or take on cell phones. :thumbs:

I have a question.

I am considering going to cell phone only but I have been hating having to carry my phone eveywhere I go in the house. Someone mentioned that you could set it up to use your regular phones throught the cell while at home. Is there a cradle or attachment or something that would patch the home phone setup through the cell while at home??

I think I would like to make things more convienent around the house before switching compleatly.

I don't have a landline now... but I've considered it. It's nice to have for certain situations. I tend to forget my phone at work or at a friend's. Sucks when that happens.

I dumped my land line about three years ago when I moved to an area that required a $50 metro line just to make local calls. I get plenty of minutes on my cell. I use RoadRunner for internet access, and don't miss the land line at all.

Guys,

I've never heard of 'RoadRunner'. What is this?

I would love to dump the landlines. Haven't found a good enough reason yet, but............

I'm still dial up. My home computer blazes away at 28.8 :( Waiting for DSL. Also have DishNetwork for TV and they shelved their satellite internet capability due to cost over runs. Still waiting. I live on the outskirts of town on horse property. Have a city address, but actually reside in the county.

M. Gipson :thumbs: