• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone tried this cutter?

The bullet cutter is one cutter I never use. In my opinion it doesn't open the cigar up enough and the cigar will get bitter towards the end. My personal preference is the Swiss Army Knife cutter. It cuts the cigar better than any other cutter I have used.

Add another tally for SAK. Every cigar I smoke I cut with it. You can usually get a pretty good deal on one at CBid, as well. And that toothpick is handy for loosening up a tight draw. :)

I also agree with the SAK especially due to the cupped blades which allow for a sharper cut without mushing the outer edge of the cut. However, I do use a bullet cutter when I smoke rings bigger than 52 or 54. In this case the bullet does a good job if it has a sharp edge to its bite. You can also use the bullet twice on an end overlapping the cuts or forming touching holes which opens things up a bit and doesn't concentrate the smoke so that you get that bitter end. I would suggest that you don't need to spend $40+ dollars to get a serviceable bullet cutter. Mine are genrally around $10 or less. You can sharpen the cutter if you use a round ceramic hone carefully and sparingly. I carry both the SAK and bullet cutter at all times because you can't go wrong with that toothpick and other tools.

Bottom line - I wouldn't spend that much on a bullet cutter unless its important to you to have that one.

The Master said:
I bought my latest Swiss Army Knife at http://www.qualitycutters.com/.

I personally refuse to do business with Cigar Bid. The way they rob newbies and jack the prices of hard to finds in my opinion makes them no friend to cigar smokers.
[snapback]279455[/snapback]​
I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion/argument about CBid, but I will say this:

The SAK Luxury Cigar Cutter from Quality Cutters for $72 is currently up for auction at CBid and will likely end at below $40. This knife retails for around $100, and I've had this exact model (paid $35 from CBid) and made at least two hundred cuts with it. It still cuts like it did the day I got it.

I have one. It is a very sharp & elegant cigar punch. The good thing is that it has two punches which can be used for different size cigar. The only problem I have with this punch is that if you close & tighten the punch too much you may need a plier to unscrew it due to its smooth casing.

Edit for poor spelling.

Back