• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Havana Club Rum

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
I'll hopefully be grabbing a few bottles of the HC7, but are there others worth it?

If you are getting HC, I'd go for the Anejo Reserva or 7 year. There are lots of different Cuban rums, but HC is the better known. Most of them all have similar taste profiles.

Are Cuban rums the same as sticks, you can't get them here? I guess I've never looked, and Cruzan Estate or Appleton Extra have always worked for me.

Any Cuban item is subject to the embargo. For HC7 you can get it in Canada or Mexico. The only place I've found so far that will ship into the US (albeit illegally) is asking $54 a bottle delivered.

Yikes! There's plenty of other liquors that I could enjoy for that kind of $$.

I like rum, don't get me wrong, but that would buy me a bottle of Green Label as well!

AVB said:
Any Cuban item is subject to the embargo. For HC7 you can get it in Canada or Mexico. The only place I've found so far that will ship into the US (albeit illegally) is asking $54 a bottle delivered.
[snapback]174211[/snapback]​
$24 Canadian here (then there is shipping too).

OK, send me one and tell me what I owe ya.

jordon said:
AVB said:
[snapback]174211[/snapback]​
$24 Canadian here (then there is shipping too).
[snapback]174275[/snapback]​

Bringing back an old topic here. Do you think HC or any other good Cuban rum might be available at the Duty Free shops in the Belize City airport? And just like cigars, does one need to be worried about "fake" Cuban Rum?

HC7 is good but Ron Z is better.

Feel free to pm me befree.... ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]236250[/snapback]​

Another date offer?

If so, PM sent!

Another vote for Ron Z over the HC 7. Now if it was the HC 15 it would be closer but I'd still take the Zacapa

bfreebern said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]236250[/snapback]​

Another date offer?

If so, PM sent!
[snapback]236255[/snapback]​

In your dreams....

I can point you in the right direction though... ;)

Ron zacapa..and the ron botron..are definately the best tasting rums I have tried.
Still waiting on some HC..to do a taste test..

alexgtp said:
Ron zacapa..and the ron botron..are definately the best tasting rums I have tried.
Still waiting on some HC..to do a taste test..
[snapback]236284[/snapback]​

Think you know where to find a bottle. :p

i came across some really old bottles of RON ZACAPA they must be about 15-20 yrs old. I remember being a child and whenever we would travel to guatemala my father would alwyas bring back bottles of that rum. I think he forgot about them and now he really does not drink any sort of alcohol. so lucky me inherits 3 bottles of super aged RON ZACAPA!! :D

I don't think it continues to age after coming out of the cask....

You got that right. Once a distilled spirit is bottled the aging stops, same as if it was transfered to a stainless steel or glass lined holder like the A.H. Hirsh bourbon was.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I don't think it continues to age after coming out of the cask....
[snapback]236552[/snapback]​

:(

dayuum..so its not like a wine than.. always learn something new~