• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

havana control

bill.u

Hi wondering has anyone used or seen havana controls 

any good ?

reliable?

any info would be most appreciated 

I have never heard of this before. Did a quick google search and read this from the Havana Controls website.

""It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma"

Instead of tracking the performance of the humidor, Luxidor focuses on the condition of the cigar. Combining an industrial control system with components specifically engineered for cigar management, the Luxidor notifies you when a cigar has reached the optimum condition for smoking.

It's a shame to waste a cigar by smoking it before it's ready; It's an even bigger shame to ruin it before its time."

Sounds like a load of crap to me, but then again, what do I know, I'm a noob. :laugh:

I couldn't resist checking out the website. Just when you think you've seen it all. I'm sure someone with a lot more disposable income than myself will buy one just for the cool effect ( and it is cool ) although pointless IMHO. Just for shits and giggles I priced one for my Aristocrat M. With just the table top control module and required sensors it was almost $2300.00. That's without any other bells and whistles such as door sensors, UV filtration, humidification, temperature control, etc. Just the control module and required sensors.
Nice website however. They got that part right.

bill.u said:
Hi wondering has anyone used or seen havana controls 

any good ?

reliable?

any info would be most appreciated 

Please update with appropriate punctuation. Thanks! 

Hurry and you can become one of their 'beta testers'. I'm sure that includes first buying one of their systems of course.  :rolleyes:

I think one of our members has something to do with them. It's a cool system that fits a nice niche in the market. I'd like to be able to see how the Collectors with deep pockets react to this.

Went to the site, pretty slick system.  Entry fee of $3000+ as an add on for an existing humidor sets the bar pretty high.  Not sure I fully grasp how they determine when a cigar is ready.  Also, after looking in the inventory thread I am not sure how many people have a keen interest in logging input and extraction, especially those with high volume smoking appetites.  Still, it seems like a good concept with precision measurements.