• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Havana Reserve Glenfiddich

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glenfiddich%2021%20Havana%20Reserve.jpg

21 year old Glenfiddich which has been finished in casks which previously contained Cuban Rum.

I can get a few of these at a somewhat reasonable price. Since they can't be imported legally the chance you take is just like with cigars. I'm looking to get 4 at once and the price would be $110 delivered to you. If you have any interest post or PM me, I need 3 to commit as one is mine :). Payment by money order or a check if we have done business/trades before.

OK, I've got 2 takers, room for one more!

Interesting. How is the taste affected? Does it taste like sweet scotch? I might be interested but would like a little more info.

I am not a scotch drinker, but this stuff is very good! I am not good with tasting notes, but it is a "different" taste than any other scotch I have tried. That price isn't bad either. This is also becoming more rare, as they couldn't import it to the US even though the only thing Cuban about it is that the scotch was aged in old Bacardi barrels.

other1 said:
Interesting. How is the taste affected? Does it taste like sweet scotch? I might be interested but would like a little more info.
I don't know a thing about it besides what I posted. Here is Dave Broom's review:

Nose
Rich and rounded with clean malty notes. Chocolate, caramelised banana, some citric notes, orange pulp, toffee and spice.

Palate
The chocolate comes back giving a sweet, balanced dram. Good mature malt character.

Finish
Chocolate, coffee and orange peel.

Comment
Good balance with the rum at no point overwhelming the whisky. American readers will have to smuggle it into the country along with their Cohibas.

other1 said:
shut up and just get it or I will :0

Fine. If only to spite Mike I'm on. :p

OK, I've got the 3 people that I needed. I'll be sending out email with the info you need shortly.

William Grant will produce just 1800 cases - or 21,600 bottles - of the Glenfiddich Havana Reserve a year.

It represents just 0.2 per cent of Glenfiddich's output of 900,000 cases a year.

These may be more collectable then we thought. All the listings on the Glenfiddich website now call it Gran Reserva even though it is the same thing. I hope we do get the Havana Reserve labels.

Order is placed, now we just have to wait. I've had these things take as little as 8 days and as long as 14 weeks to come in so be patient.

14 weeks?! Do they throw the bottle in the ocean and you wait for it to wash up? :p

I only had that happen once with a bottle of Whyte & Mackay 30 (to be reviewed someday), everything else has been about 14-20 days.

I think that may be cutting it close but one can always hope :)

True, but it has to get to me and then I have to repack it and turn it around to you. We'll see when it arrives.

Fast4Dr said:
Would be nice to get this in time for my birthday :thumbs:
Hey, I didn't realize the 13th was your birthday. Gonna bring your bottle to the herf? :D