• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Having trouble lighting a cigar

joltikintokyo

Hi guys,

I am having a problem occasionally where I can't seem to light a cigar properly. It will have smoke coming out of one end but it will not give me much of anything when I try to draw on it. My brother thought that maybe the cigars that are like this are too tightly packed. Does that seem likely? Am I doing something wrong when I light? Let me know what you think.

Dude, I have a couple simple questions.
  1. Are you cutting it first?
  2. Are you testing the draw before lighting? Can you easily draw through it?
  3. Are you smoking Gurkhas?
Yes, I cut it before I light it. I don't know how to test the draw before I light it.

The last time I tried smoking and I had this problem it seemed to be that I wasn't lighting it correctly. I used to light it while breathing in with the cigar but I saw some people lighting it on YouTube videos with the cigar in their hand, not in their mouth, so I was doing that. When I resumed lighting it with the cigar in my mouth, it worked better. Hopefully that was the problem.

What type of lighter are you using? I use either a single or triple flame torch and almost always just light it in my hand without puffing and lighting.

I saw some people lighting it on YouTube videos with the cigar in their hand, not in their mouth, so I was doing that. When I resumed lighting it with the cigar in my mouth, it worked better. Hopefully that was the problem.
Ding ding! Do this if it was working. Look, once you find a way that works for you, KEEP DOING IT!!! The phuking innerweb will have to blowing flames out of yer ass to light a seegar, if you'll do it. It's. simple task, that's overthought because Rocky says to do it this way! I light the sumbitch with whatever I have on hand. I've used a welder torch and it works wonders.

Floyd T

Yeah what Floyd said. I toast the foot a bit then use the flame while draw real quick and boom. No probs

Ding ding! Do this if it was working. Look, once you find a way that works for you, KEEP DOING IT!!! The phuking innerweb will have to blowing flames out of yer ass to light a seegar, if you'll do it. It's. simple task, that's overthought because Rocky says to do it this way! I light the sumbitch with whatever I have on hand. I've used a welder torch and it works wonders.

Floyd T
LMAO 🤣