• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Having Trouble with House Blend

rdj735

Anyone have trouble with house bulk vs. tinned? After a couple years of no pipe, I decided to grab a cob and a few ounces of house "Scottish Mix." Burned the hell out of me. Thought I was smoking too fast, so slowed down to the point of relighting every 5-6 minutes. Barely got any smoke, air was cool, but still burned. After a week, I went back and grabbed a tin of My Mixture, and it's smoking like a champ. The house blend looks to be a rubbed out flake. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something off with the house blend? I've only smoked 25-30 bowls ever, so I'm no pro. Wouldn't be able to tell if it was too wet/dry, etc.

Pinch and squeeze a nice amount in your hand and let it fall from hand to table. Any clumping? None at all; too dry, completely clumped; too moist, a nice slow cascade and breaking apart, is closer to "good". I'm not familiar with the blend, so no input there.

eta: this is very general, but a good starting point. You may like some dryer, and some a bit more moist.