• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Excalibur 1066

Vikder

I just smoked a HdM Excalibur 1066 Merlin. Is it me or is this cigar strong just to be strong with almost no flavor? I instantly though of a Partagas Black when i started to smoke this cigar. I was very dissapointed :( Can anyone chime in on how the rest of the line is supposed to taste? I've got some regular HdM's and some HdM Excalibur (non 1066) in my humidor. If they are anything like this 1066, they will turn into gifts :)

Thanks,
Vic

Smoked several of these when they first came out. I was very disappointed in them since I really like the regular Excalibur line. As you said, no flavor, but I didn't find them strong. It was like smoking nothing. :(

coming from a newbie to cigars who doesn't pick out flavors very well, i've smoked each of those and do find the 1066to be my least favorite

Nothing like an Excalibur #1 Maduro with coffee on a Saturday morning.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. :D

Cool. Excalibur #1 is what i bought a 5 pack of :D i'm gonna try one this weekend :D

Thanks guys,
Vic

I loved all the HDMs I have had, but I have yet to try the 1066. Maybe I will skip it and stick with the Excalibur #1 Maduros, they are yummy. I did have another Excalibur that was not a Maduro, but was wrapped in celly thet was as Yello as the Submarine in the song. Now that was a major treat.

I guess i am the only one who really likes the 1066. I find them stronger and more rich than Excalbur #1.

My favorite was the Excalibur Merlin...but I can't seem to fnd it around lately.

So Vikder, did you get a chance to smoke the Excalibur #1 yet?

not yet shadow. i brought one with me to the herf over the weekend with the intent of smoking it, but everyone kept giving me cigars so i never had a chance to light her up. I'm going to smoke it tommorow after lunch though. since it's thanksgiving i'll probbaly go through a bunch of my cigars that i haven't tried yet. :D

Vic

:sign: LMAO@people handing you sticks. These fools here at CP just can't help but give, give, give. But I guess I suffer from that also.

Emo

It's amazing Emo. I've never met folks that have been quite as gracious as cigar smokers. If you're sitting there with nothing to smoke, then they'll hand you a smoke. If you're sitting there with a smoke, they still hand you a smoke!

Vic

Vikder said:
It's amazing Emo. I've never met folks that have been quite as gracious as cigar smokers. If you're sitting there with nothing to smoke, then they'll hand you a smoke. If you're sitting there with a smoke, they still hand you a smoke!

Vic
LOL... then you are in trouble. There are some members here that will go anonymous, that believe that it is their duty to unload a buncf of sticks on you. And another group that has to give you a stick that is next to impossible obtain without stealin it. These guys give you a moment of pause. From them I have learned 2 simple rules: First and foremost, give/trade like you are doing it in person, and second, always bring a lot of extra smokes to "pay it forward".

Emo

:D I love this place!!

Emo, you certainly "get it"!! I too never imagined how unique cigar smokers really are. But, I was taught by the best!

I will be burning an Opus 'A', a Shark and a '85 Monte #1 in honor of those folks this week!

Have a wonderful holiday guys!

Lee

Dont forget they also send you home with more than you left with!
lol