• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading Home for Some R&R!

high-n-tight

Well tomorrow AM I head over to the Baghdad Airport and start the process of heading home to TX for some R&R; 15 days of doing absolutely nothing important. ;)

I will leave Baghdad and fly to Kuwait; hopefully tomorrow depending on the Air Force. If not, I'll just sit around and watch TV; thankfully I'll have plenty of smokes along. :cool:

Once in Kuwait, I'll sign up for a flight to DFW; usually leaves about 24hrs later.

Then I take a flight (called the FREEDOM BIRD) from Kuwait to somewhere in Europe for re-fuel and finally get to DFW, where I make a connection to Killeen, TX.

If all goes well I'll be home before the weekend. If not, there'll be about a dozen of my friends drinking MY beer (wife has a party planned for Saturday). :laugh:

I understand there's quite a Welcoming Party at DFW for the FREEDOM BIRD. So......if there are any DFW BOTLs/SOTLs who want to link-up and conduct a mini-Herf while I wait for my connecting flight (most guys have had a few hours), I'd be willing to give it a try. :)

I'm not sure of all the details yet, but if you're interested, PM me your phone number and I'll call you from Kuwait if I can or from DFW. I should be able to get on a computer in Kuwait while I wait for the FREEDOM BIRD and I'll update this post with any new information and whether or not I'll have time before my flight out of DFW.

I we can't Herf-Up on my way home, we can try again on my way back around the 15th of July (+/- a day or two).

:love: :laugh: :) :D :p :thumbs: :whistling: ;)

God Bless you Brother. As a fellow veteran, I pray for a safe flight, safe R&R, safe return to the area of operations and most important, a safe final return home to your friends and family. Paul USMC

It’s always a fun time coming off of deployment, no matter how long it is. Enjoy :D

Have a great time. I can't get to DFW, but I'll light one up for you.

Enjoy your R&R at home with your family and friends! I'll smoke one on Saturday for you.

Make sure the AF guys treat you right :thumbs:

Home for R&R? My, my , how things have changed. In a way I feel sorry for you. You won't have stories to tell your grandchildren about Osaka or Subic. ;)Belay that, I don't think my daughter would appreciate my telling those stories to my grandaughter. :whistling: Have a great time. You deserve it.

Doc.

Enjoy :thumbs:

Don't worry, I have it all under control. When you return you'll find everything just as you left it. :whistling:

Enjoy yourself - you've earned some R&R! :)

Thank-you for your service, and enjoy your time with your family and friends.

Congrats on the well-deserved R&R! :thumbs:

p.s. I'd take the cigars with you... B-House seems kinda shady to me... ;)

:sign:

Great news! Enjoy your time home and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

will have a cigar in your honor saturday

Uncle sent me to Thailand and Australia for R&R and I was stationed TAD at Subic so I got to hit the big 3. It ain't like the old days but I'm with Doc, have a great time.

Home for R&R? My, my , how things have changed. In a way I feel sorry for you. You won't have stories to tell your grandchildren about Osaka or Subic. ;)Belay that, I don't think my daughter would appreciate my telling those stories to my grandaughter. :whistling: Have a great time. You deserve it.

Doc.

Enjoy :thumbs:

Don't worry, I have it all under control.

That's what I'm worried about :laugh:

When you return you'll find everything just as you left it. :whistling:

B.S. :p

p.s. I'd take the cigars with you... B-House seems kinda shady to me... ;)

:sign:

Yep....good advice......I have all the good ones with me. ;)

Crap, Brickhouse is stepping up, and taking charge at that???? Well, good luck boys!! :0

Hey the boss is gone! PPPAAARRRTTTYYY! Enjoy sir! :laugh:

Get home in one piece shipmate, (one team one fight right?)

I'm originally from Dallas, wish I was there, I would have met you for a cigar while you xfer flights if you had the time...

Have a great time on leave!!!

Hey the boss is gone! PPPAAARRRTTTYYY! Enjoy sir! :laugh:

Don't let nothing but FEAR and COMMON SENSE stop you..... :sign:

BTW.....

Scheduled to be in DFW around 9am on Thursday, 29 June. Won't fly out of DFW enroute to Killeen until the afternoon. If anyone can join me for a Mini-Herf, PM me or contact Preembargo....I'm calling him as soon as I hit the ground. Be aware that I'll be packing heat too. ;)

Or.....if you can't linkup this week, I'll be flying back on Saturday, 15 July.