• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to Vegas this Weekend

sweepthelegnate

Hello Everyone,

I am headed to Las Vegas this weekend and plan on stopping by the Casa Fuente store a few times to enjoy some mojitos and cigars. I don't believe that I've ever smoked any cigars from the Auturo Fuente line before and wanted to check with you fellows to see that I make some solid choices while I am there .

After utilizing the search function on the forums, I believe that the most common suggestions would be the Casa Fuente house cigar and the Opus X line. Beyond trying those two are there any other cigars I shouldn't miss? Any suggestions for a good maduro from this manufacturer?

Feel free to point this newbie to any existing threads that have discussed this topic ad nauseum if I missed them during my search.

Thanks,

Nate

I'll be visiting Casa Fuente for the first time in October, but I am looking forward to smoking an "orange peel". One was given to me and I've been craving it ever since!

Look up any reviews posted by Mr. Peat. He's probably smoked just about every rare OpusX or Fuente cigar they have ever made. I heard they have some OpusX Black Orchids there right now. I believe Loren (Mr. Peat) posted a review a while back. Have a great trip.

Eric

Be sure to have a good meal and visit on a full stomach. The last thing you want to do is walk in, get halfway through what turns out to be a very strong cigar, turn green and end up back in your hotel room toilet.

You almost can't go wrong there. Make sure you have a good idea or description ready of what you like in a cigar if you ask them for advice. Then they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I heard they just released the Casa Cuba line at the IPCPR trade show this year, should be good, haven't tried it myself though. Check list for going to vegas: water, chapstick, water, cash, water, and Lady Luck.

Have fun!

I went there back in 2005 and had a great time, drank too much, smoked too much, that's what its all about right? Anyway I agree that the Opus X Black Orchid is a very nice smoke but may be a little spendy if you are trying to be conservative, the orange peel is also very good just stay away from the Opus X Lost City (if they even have any) it was a big let down in my book, had such high hopes for that stick and it was severely disappointing in more ways than one...

Would recommend the Casa Fuente as it is only available there at the store or in a pass or gift. The rare Opus are nice but highly overpriced and IMHO not anything near what they use to be. Have fun and wave to Dick Butkis who will be across the way signing autographs.

Would recommend the Casa Fuente as it is only available there at the store or in a pass or gift. The rare Opus are nice but highly overpriced and IMHO not anything near what they use to be. Have fun and wave to Dick Butkis who will be across the way signing autographs.

I was there back in October and it was Pete Rose.

Oh yeah try a Casa Fuente. Just about everything else in that place can be found elsewhere for much cheaper.

I was there back in October and it was Pete Rose

Oh yeah try a Casa Fuente. Just about everything else in that place can be found elsewhere for much cheaper.

Very true. Dick Butkis is on deck now.

I was at Casa Fuente last week. Carlito was there. That was cool meeting him.

Pete Rose was there for over 3 yrs, guess after 3yrs they figured they needed someone new to sign autographs there. Can't wait to see who they dig up by the next time I get out there.

Thanks again for all the recommendations. I took the general consensus of the advice and stuck with the house cigar. I'll try out other offerings from other sources sometime soon.

Best cigar value there relatively speaking are the don Carlos lanceros!