• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt Beads, Amazing what another pound will do!

audilicious

Since adding a large coolerdor to store my growing unsmokable # of cigars I kept putting off getting more beads. "I'll order next week", "ok, next week" on and on.

Well I finally ordered up another pound, plus a couple tubes for the desktop I keep at my parents house. Well they arrived damn near as soon as I clicked Send Money.

The extra pound has now completely balanced the atmosphere in my cabinet, cooler, and multiple desktops, all reading a lovely 65%. And now with less babysitting and quicker recovery.

Wether you go Heartfelt or Cigarmony, just get another pound, and forget it!

Im with you, Audilicious, as I'm sure many are. I just ordered the 2 oz. for my CX2 humi to stabilize it with my DC unit. The beads were on my doorstep before I even clicked Submit as well. I kept putting it off, and that was a dumb idea, I've now realized. I will be back for much more for my wine cooler project in the near future, and I couldn't be happier with the service.!!!! :thumbs:

*Ordered my beads from Heartfelt. Thought I'd throw that in!

I just put in my order for another pound of Heartfelt beads. I've been needing to do this as well. I love these beads!

My humidor seemed like it was having trouble holding humidity. I have a 100 count Milano and 2oz of 65% beads, my hygro was constantly reading low. So I bought a half pound of 70% beads to do a test. I put 4oz of beads in the mesh bag, and put them in the tupperwear container with the hygro. Sure enough hygro ended up reading 70% after about 2 hours. Even with a half pound of 70% beads, my hygro when in the humi still only reads about 63% which obviously tells me there is a leak in the seal somewhere. So I ordered a 300 count and am going to season that one for about 10-14 days and call it a day with the Milano.

My humidor seemed like it was having trouble holding humidity. I have a 100 count Milano and 2oz of 65% beads, my hygro was constantly reading low. So I bought a half pound of 70% beads to do a test. I put 4oz of beads in the mesh bag, and put them in the tupperwear container with the hygro. Sure enough hygro ended up reading 70% after about 2 hours. Even with a half pound of 70% beads, my hygro when in the humi still only reads about 63% which obviously tells me there is a leak in the seal somewhere. So I ordered a 300 count and am going to season that one for about 10-14 days and call it a day with the Milano.

By "humi" do you mean desktop or cabinet? I only have a pound each in my 130 quart coolers.

By "humi" do you mean desktop or cabinet? I only have a pound each in my 130 quart coolers.

Desktop. :0

All this time I thought my hygro was just off, what was off was the damn leak in the humidor which really sucks. I just really don't want a damn cooler sitting around the apartment, but at this point I may not have a choice other than purchasing a big under the bed type tupper wear container until I can afford the 300 counter. I think I'll look for one of those tomorrow....

One of my few firsts posts...usually reading to learn...but have to say GREAT POST! I too added another pound of beads into my cab humi and it has been phenomenal. Quicker gains back to normal 65% after door or drawer is pulled...and no more huge fluctuations between levels inside humi. Thanks for the insight.

Ok, I purchased 2 16 oz tubes of beads. I have about 1 1/2 tubes left; 1/2 of one tube on the floor in my office (very nice). So exacty what do I do from here? I read that I soak them in distilled water and that seems easy enough. Do I then just set them in the humidor? Won't they get the humidor wet? Just need a little guidance before I proceed. Hell, I barely managed to get the beads into the little baggie.

Thanks in advance,

Stinki

Need help. Going to attempt to do this tomorrow. See prior post.

Ok, I purchased 2 16 oz tubes of beads. I have about 1 1/2 tubes left; 1/2 of one tube on the floor in my office (very nice). So exacty what do I do from here? I read that I soak them in distilled water and that seems easy enough. Do I then just set them in the humidor? Won't they get the humidor wet? Just need a little guidance before I proceed. Hell, I barely managed to get the beads into the little baggie.

Thanks in advance,

Stinki

Spray them with distilled water use any type of clean spray bottle. You don't want to saturate the beads. If the beads are saturated, they can't absorb excess humidity. When the beads are completely dry they are white, saturated they are clear, you want to be somewhere in the middle.

don't soak the beads, UTFSE for beads and you'll get all the info you need.

They're rather easy to maintain, lightly spray with distilled water until 50-75% are clear and you're done, if they're in a tube, wipe off excess water then you're done.

Yep, beads and a cheap hygro where the needle moves which tells you to add water. Beads are the way to go. :thumbs:

You're only supposed to lightly spray!! :D

spraying_water.jpg

Stinki afterwards....:laugh:

soaked_kitten.jpg

OK Y'all (Can I say Y'all being from Cali?)

Anyhoooooo

My humi is from cigars international
get-attachmentaspx.jpg

As you can see I am low on the RH scale
Humi2.jpg

I have a fuente humi pack in the bottom and a jar of those Humi care crystals
I added a bowl with a distilled moistened towel yesterday and still 59 rh.

I am starting to wonder if my humi sucks

I will order the beads from Heartfelt and advise

I ordered the 65% beads from Heartfelt on Thursday. They arrived in the mail Saturday. Went into the Humi Sunday. I checked it today and the digital says 65%. I love these things. Hopefully this will cure the draw problem I have been having at 70%RH.

Both Heartfelt and Cigarmony have great products that work awesome. I have actually been playing with Kitty Litter for the last year. Exquisicat Pearl Fresh, that I was able to find at a Petsmart, 7.2 lbs for ~$13 plus change. It has kept all 3 of my desktops, 1 cabinet and 1 winedor running very well over the last year with some variation, approx. 5-12% change when opened. I have IR sensors in all my devices reporting to a central station. Anyway, for giggles, I recently doubled the amount of kl in each device, shoving double the amount into double-ended pantyhose, and found the environment stablized so much, it almost didn't register when the door opened.

PS: as a suggestion, acclimating beads by spritzing, has its risks. When moisture hits the bead in any quantity, sometimes the beads crackle / pop and breakdown into smaller particles. Leads to quite a mess and if you sometimes recycle foam hydrometers, these small pieces leak out through the openings. Both Heartfelt and Cigarmony have procedures for acclimating beads. What I do is a variation, I take a segmented piece of tupperware for storing meal leftovers. I put some distilled water into 1 segment, heat in microwave for 45 sec., and place bead / kl pack in other segment. Close it up and leave for 4-8 hrs. High humidity will accelerate acclimation of beads to 65% level, verified by 6 seperate salt tested hydrometers. Normal acclimation time is 24-36 hrs. Only your cigars will know.

OK Y'all (Can I say Y'all being from Cali?)

Anyhoooooo

I have a fuente humi pack in the bottom and a jar of those Humi care crystals
I added a bowl with a distilled moistened towel yesterday and still 59 rh.

I am starting to wonder if my humi sucks

I will order the beads from Heartfelt and advise

double check your hygro, new battery, salt test.