• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt beads for medium humi.

Taylor47

Hi guys.

Just got my humidor yesterday and it's currently seasoning with a bowl of distilled water and the humidification device that came with the humidor. I didn't wipe down the walls, I'm just letting the box soak up the moisture slowly.

After doing a lot of research, I've read that heartfelt beads are definitely the way to go for humidification purposes. I purchased a small humidor for my first one, that is 13.5L, 9W, 6H (100 count). When doing the calculator on heartfeltindustries.com website, the volume comes up as 729. According to that, I only need 2 oz. of beads. I'm looking into getting the half pound (since that appears to be the smallest amount I can buy of the individual beads). I'm just wondering if it's best to split them into separate sections (like, half of the beads on one side and half on the other, or half on bottom and half in the tray).

I am reading that you can not have too many beads, but I almost feel this is overkill?

I've done a lot of research, just wanting to get the best I can but also go the most cost effective route at the same time.

Thanks for the info, and have a great Thanksgiving!

Taylor

So far, so good. Letting the humidifier soak up the humidity naturally isn't quick, but IMHO the best way to go. Well done.

That's plenty of beads, but I won't say "overkill". I'd order a couple of the really nice little mesh bags from Heartfelt when you order the beads. Split the beads equally into the two bags, and place them as convenient in the humidor. Can't go wrong there.

You did calibrate your hygrometer, yes...??.... :whistling:

Good luck - B.B.S.

I'm heading to the store to pick up a digital one in about an hour. From what I've read about analog, I'd rather just stick with digital. I will calibrate that one when I get it. Figured it would be at least 3-4 more days before I'd really need to check the humidity, so I'm giving it time. Didn't want to be too tempted to keep opening the box since I realize it'll be best to just leave it closed for 3 days or so before I check it.

Thanks for the quick reply!