• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt Beads Question

MandyPi

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off n
I have a converted VinoTemp 28 with 20 ounces (1 ¼ pound) of 65 % Heartfelt Beads. I put them in over 24 hrs ago and I also re-seasoned the cedar. According to Heartfelt’s calculator, I have enough beads for my humi. For some reason, however, the humidity remains between 50-55% and does not seem to be steadily rising. All my hygrometers have been salt tested.

Am I being impatient or am I missing something? Please help...

I have a converted VinoTemp 28 with 20 ounces (1 ¼ pound) of 65 % Heartfelt Beads. I put them in over 24 hrs ago and I also re-seasoned the cedar. According to Heartfelt's calculator, I have enough beads for my humi. For some reason, however, the humidity remains between 50-55% and does not seem to be steadily rising. All my hygrometers have been salt tested.

Am I being impatient or am I missing something? Please help...

Yes and maybe.

Give it a couple-3 days.

Oh - how many smokes are in there as of now?

Put a couple of shot glasses of distilled water in the humidor. When the humidity gets up to 66-67%, take the glasses of water out.

You don't really state what % of the beads you add water too, and whether the wet (clear) beads are still clear. If they are not then all the water has been absorbed. You need to make sure that approx. 70% of the beads are clear (wet) and the rest are white (dry).
I find that splitting the bead into 2 containers, one for wet and one for dry works well. That way you can always check the wet one and make sure it is wet without having to worry about only wetting 70% of the beads in a container.
Remember, beads both release and absorb humidity. If you don't have enough wet beads then the humidity will remain low.

Dave

My beads come in a tube, so what I try to do is wet (make clear) about 70% of the tube, leaving the other part white.

The bottom part of the vinotemp has boxes, so it's taking up space. Therefore, the tubes have to work less.

I will put a few shot glasses inside there to see what happens.

I also put a CigarOasis in there, but I hate mine. The darn batteries always seem to die out. I had to connect it to the power cord.

Thanks for the input.

I also put a CigarOasis in there, but I hate mine. The darn batteries always seem to die out. I had to connect it to the power cord.

Thanks for the input.

How did you route the power cord? If you routed it out through the front seal then I guess that might be your problem.

Thanks for the input.

How did you route the power cord? If you routed it out through the front seal then I guess that might be your problem.
If you are talking about the power cord to the CigarOasis, then its running out the front door, but that cord is really flat, so I cannot see that it is contributing to the problem. As for the other cords, I drilled holes out the back wall and sealed them up with hot glue.

Here's a pic of the humi before I added the boxes, more heartfelt beads, and the Cigar Oasis. You can see the cords running out the back wall.
gallery_7402_532_355438.jpg

That thing has a boatload of cedar in it. I'd imagine it's going to take some time to season it. Seasoning with beads is VERY slow.

I would take my cigars out and put them in a tupperware type container with the beads. Then I would put the Oasis in there and let it do it's thing for a week or so.

With that much cedar it's going to take awhile to properly season.

That thing has a boatload of cedar in it. I'd imagine it's going to take some time to season it. Seasoning with beads is VERY slow.

I would take my cigars out and put them in a tupperware type container with the beads. Then I would put the Oasis in there and let it do it's thing for a week or so.

With that much cedar it's going to take awhile to properly season.

Presently, the only thing that I have inside there are cigar boxes, which already have drymistat tubes inside for humidity. The trays are emtpy, and I did not plan on putting any singles inside until everything was ready. I have seasoned the walls again and I have also added three shot glasses of distilled water. Thanks for the info; at least now I know it is going to take some time before it is ready.