• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heaven or Hell

Outsidesmoke

Alright, so I was at my local shop and near the bottom of the shelf there were 2 boxes of Don Diego Aniversario No. 1 and No. 2. They were a little moldy (or plume I don't know what the difference is) and beetles had got into 2 of them but I asked him how much it would cost for the box. After a little haggling I got both for $24. When I got home I immediately wiped the mold (or plume) off (95% of it was on the cellophane anyway) and took the ones with the holes out.

Now, when i took one of the cigars out, I found a live beetle and I killed it and did another thorough inspection of the boxes and did not find anymore. But, the I realized that the on 50% of the cigars end filler was a little wider and darker in some places, almost like a beetle had dug in but it could easily have been the roller. So my question is, are the beetles or the roller? I couldn't pass up $6 cigars for less than a buck apiece even if I've never tried em.

The one on the left doesn't have the holes and the one on the right does.
PIC-0010.jpg

PIC-0009.jpg

PIC-0011.jpg

Freeze em and smoke em. But you will definately be underwhelmed by those cigars. Also which cigar sho did you get them from ? (Im also i chicago burbs)

I wouldn't put any of those anywhere near the rest of my cigars. Good luck, but it sounds like you're playing with fire.

Probably the Beetles and/or disease.

I would not put those rockets into your mouth.

I say this becasue you are a brother and it is out of love that I want your life saved. They will taste nothing like DD anni's at this point anyway, and the real DD anni's are not very good as it is. (minding that taste is a matter of opnion) :laugh:

Please, please do not even touch your regular humidor after touching these...please.

I can find you some old DD anni's without the disase if you want to try them. Just PM me.

I wouldn't put any of those anywhere near the rest of my cigars. Good luck, but it sounds like you're playing with fire.

Hah, Ya the I had a old analog hydro and a humi from my old box. I threw them in one of the boxes that they came in far, far, away from my present humidor. They came in some beautiful boxes.

I'll try one out tonight and see how they taste.

I'd be really leary of even smoking one. Definately freeze them for a day or two, let them sit in your fridge and then double bag them and let them sit out for a day, then move them in a separate humi. Least I think thats the right protocol for freezing. Or just do a search.

You can do better than Moldy, beetle ridden dog rockets man. Have faith in yourself.

You can do better than Moldy, beetle ridden dog rockets man. Have faith in yourself.

Hows that? Moldy beetle ridden, flavored dog rockets?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ugh... I know what your saying. I'm a poor college kid though and I figured they'd be better than any 2 dollar cigar I would smoke otherwise.

If you absolutely, positively, had to keep them, I'd freeze them IMMEDIATELY for a week at least. Do a search on here for the procedure.

I was laughing when I was reading this, then realized the OP was serious.

My advice, throw them away and take this as a cheap lesson learned, and never go back to that shop again. The last thing you want to do is smoke beetle infested moldy cigars.

Visit a shop that takes care of their cigars and ask them to point you in the right direction of some budget smokes. There are also many threads here at CigarPass that will help you find some good cheap smokes.

Smoke the good ones and send the rest to robbie....he's a poor student as well. :thumbs:

He can put them in his next pass!

I was laughing when I was reading this, then realized the OP was serious.

My advice, throw them away and take this as a cheap lesson learned, and never go back to that shop again. The last thing you want to do is smoke beetle infested moldy cigars.

Visit a shop that takes care of their cigars and ask them to point you in the right direction of some budget smokes. There are also many threads here at CigarPass that will help you find some good cheap smokes.

EDIT: Duplicate post by mistake.

Your really trying to get your point across... :cool:

LOL.

Ugh... I know what your saying. I'm a poor college kid though and I figured they'd be better than any 2 dollar cigar I would smoke otherwise.

Oh man oh man oh man... You were serious?!? Outsidesmoke, so many words, so little time! In all seriousness, you're looking for a 2 dollar smoke? Go to the Devil Site, bid on a box of Angel 100's for $35 bucks. Save up your coin for a box of Padron #2000 Maduros that can be had for as low as $50 bucks on the Devil Site.

Like Phil said, have faith in yourself, poor college kid or not. Don't waste your cash on beetle-rockets. If you've got $20 bucks for the next two weeks, then you can buy yourself 2 really nice smokes and enjoy them... More rewarding than 2 boxes of beetle-farms imho. :whistling:

If you went to a whore house and half the working women had crabs....

Doc.