• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HECKLER & KOCH P2000SK

Flea7

Newbie here...I know we have some gun people in this forum. What the opinions on the H&K P2000sk???

Handguns, like cigars, are really personal preference.

That being said, I tried one out and found the grip too small for my basketball palming hands. If you find this remotely true for yourself, and are a H&K fan, you might compare with the usp compact assuming you're looking for a ccw.

Me, I'm a fan of whatever I can make shoot where I'm aiming.

I like the USP better however in my opinion the best production semiauto handgun made today is the Kimber.

Truer words were never spoken....

I like the USP better however in my opinion the best production semiauto handgun made today is the Kimber.
I don't disagree, Paul, but it really depends what you want. For the price of a Kimber I can almost buy three Glocks. My model 21 (full size .45) has meprolight sights and a tungsten guide rod for a little more weight up front. It just works; It's never jammed, it works dirty, clean, hot, cold, and is a real shooter. I've also got a model 26 (sub compact 9mm) that is another amazing little gun. Same comments apply; it's a real shooter.

The best possible answer would be to find a range where you could rent some different guns and try them out. Shoot a 1911 (Kimber, Colt, etc.) and a Glock and an H&K and a Beretta 92 and just about everything they have that you may be remotely interested in. My guess is that something will feel good in your hands and put holes where you point it.... :cool:

Have fun - B.B.S.

H&K makes a good weapon...You really can't go wrong with em. I've owned several.

I also own a Glock 21...I carry it every day. It's a damn good weapon.

Recently I have gone back to my roots. As I get older I'm becomming more fond of revolvers. I recently found a Colt Lawman MK III in NIB condition. It's prolly the best out of the box duty type revolver I've ever shot. I just might start carrying it at work.

I couldn't agree more about personal preference. I think people agree more on underwear than on firearms...especially personal defense firearms.

Take Glocks for instance. I thoroughly enjoy pokin' fun at Glock fans and their combat tupperware. :sign: It's all in good fun, though. I've really got nothin' against 'em except fit. They're fine weapons but there isn't a Glock made that feels good in my hand.

My USP Compact .45, on the other hand, fits and points nicely even though its dimensions aren't all that far off from a Glock.

None of 'em hold a candle to my Kimber Classic Stainless, however. Not in my hands anyway.

Happy St. Patricks Day and thanks for the input guys!
....Yeah, the kimber is a very nice but way out of my price range.
BBS, Like you said ...I just have to try out others @ the range but I'm favoring the HK. :thumbs:

Also look into the P2000. It feels very nice. I have never held the P2000SK before. I have heard though that HK customer service is not too kind towards the civilian population and that getting repairs or replacement parts is a PITA. I forget if they were mentioned already in the thread but Sig makes a nice firearm and has many styles to choose from. I have a P220ST in .45ACP. If polymer is a must than Glocks are great as well if the grip angle works for you. I am just partial to guns with external hammers vs ones with the pre-cocked internal strikers. They have good double strike capability whereas something like a Glock you have to re-rack the slide to re-engage the striker if you have a round that fails to go off from something like a hard primer. It all comes down to proper training in any situation though and any platform can be successful. It is whatever you are comfortable with. Will you CCW with this? Home defense or range fun? What caliber most interests you?

It looks like the p2000 is what i'm aiming towards but I did look into a Sig p229 ....haven't held or fired one yet. Has your P220st given you any problems. I like the looks of the P229 better than the HK but need to hold & fire one.

I know that the glocks are smaller and also reliable but I really don't have an interest in them.

It's not necessarily going to be CCW but would like to have that option, mostly range fun.

oh, 9mm is what i'm looking for.

thanks Marco!

Also look into the P2000. It feels very nice. I have never held the P2000SK before. I have heard though that HK customer service is not too kind towards the civilian population and that getting repairs or replacement parts is a PITA. I forget if they were mentioned already in the thread but Sig makes a nice firearm and has many styles to choose from. I have a P220ST in .45ACP. If polymer is a must than Glocks are great as well if the grip angle works for you. I am just partial to guns with external hammers vs ones with the pre-cocked internal strikers. They have good double strike capability whereas something like a Glock you have to re-rack the slide to re-engage the striker if you have a round that fails to go off from something like a hard primer. It all comes down to proper training in any situation though and any platform can be successful. It is whatever you are comfortable with. Will you CCW with this? Home defense or range fun? What caliber most interests you?

9mm is great. Accurate, always available, and cheap. The P229 is an outstanding firearm. It is available in 9mm as well as .40 S&W and .357 sig. My 220ST has never given me as much as a hiccup since I have had it. I also enjoy the heft of the stainless upper and lower. If you do get the Sig, I have the Armorer's course on DVD that has almost all of the models. It shows you all of the parts and how to disassemble and reassemble the firearm. I would be happy to lend it to you.

Thanks Marcos,

Now you got me thinking of the sig!......damn!...decisions!....desisions!......I Love this country! :thumbs:

If I do get a sig, Marcos I will take you up on that offer....Thank You.

9mm is great. Accurate, always available, and cheap. The P229 is an outstanding firearm. It is available in 9mm as well as .40 S&W and .357 sig. My 220ST has never given me as much as a hiccup since I have had it. I also enjoy the heft of the stainless upper and lower. If you do get the Sig, I have the Armorer's course on DVD that has almost all of the models. It shows you all of the parts and how to disassemble and reassemble the firearm. I would be happy to lend it to you.

Thanks Marcos,

Now you got me thinking of the sig!......damn!...decisions!....desisions!......I Love this country! :thumbs:

If I do get a sig, Marcos I will take you up on that offer....Thank You.

:thumbs:

I've owned a P220 for a long while. You must keep em lubed up or they will jam. Otherwise you can expect little or no trouble from em.

I'm partial to .45, myself. There's just somethin' about shootin' a hollowpoint that looks kind like an ashtray...

I'm partial to .45, myself. There's just somethin' about shootin' a hollowpoint that looks kind like an ashtray...

AMEN :thumbs: Just wish I could have double the rounds as with a smaller caliber :sign: but a .45 will always remain one of 'daddy's work tools' ;) even though my tupperware 9 holds more, I just feel more confident with the jacketed ashtray spinning down range at my target. Stopping power is big with me and if I can't be exactly on mark, I feel better about using the bigger caliber. Hope that will never be the case tho :D

And staying on topic, I love H&K. I think anyone would be pleased with the H&K P2000SK if it:
1.) Fits them right (drawing, aiming, shooting, holstering, loading, chambering, comfortable and stable in hand..etc)
2.) Performs the functions you need without you having to bitch.
....and if it's for concealed carry....Can you trust it with your life?
Now that's is just my opinion... I love H&K, but I also love alot of others. Only reason being that they treated me well during use. Just my 2 cents.
--BB

Truer words were never spoken....

I don't disagree, Paul, but it really depends what you want. For the price of a Kimber I can almost buy three Glocks. My model 21 (full size .45) has meprolight sights and a tungsten guide rod for a little more weight up front. It just works; It's never jammed, it works dirty, clean, hot, cold, and is a real shooter. I've also got a model 26 (sub compact 9mm) that is another amazing little gun. Same comments apply; it's a real shooter.

The best possible answer would be to find a range where you could rent some different guns and try them out. Shoot a 1911 (Kimber, Colt, etc.) and a Glock and an H&K and a Beretta 92 and just about everything they have that you may be remotely interested in. My guess is that something will feel good in your hands and put holes where you point it.... :cool:

Have fun - B.B.S.

The Glock is a great gun, dependability is amazing. I have 15,000 rounds through my 19 and not a single failure. The accuracy is not the same as a Kimber. I have 250,000 rounds through 25 different handuns the most accurate dependable auto is the Kimber. I especially like the ultra models. HK makes great rifles and the USP is a good gun but I am not sure I would buy the P2000 when there are a lot of great guns out there. Look at the new S&W M&P!