• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Helix

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Hey, anyone try this cigar out yet? Or is it even released? I read about it on that cigarguy's radio website, but haven't seen it around yet. Anyone? What's yer take on it?

They're released. I saw some a couple of days ago at a local shop. Haven't tried 'em yet, though.

Tone, I had one. It is smooth, just like I have come to expect from a Conn. shade wrapper and the smoke was thick. It did burn a bit hot and was somewhat dull in the flavor department. It tastes like a slightly above average $3.50 cigar. I would skip it if it is your weekly smoke. If it is #4 or so for the week, go for it. I probably wouldn't buy this one again though, just because for the same price I can get my hands on something more complex.

helixbig.jpg

Back in the day of the cigar boom, when demand exceeded supply and Connecticut Shade Wrapper was limited, some cigar manufacturers were able to raise their prices two or three times a year. As a result, many of these cigars are overpriced for today's marketplace, and, until now, smokers of mild cigars did not have a legitimate alternative to these pricey brands.
Realizing the difficulty many cigar smokers encounter looking for a good, mild cigar at an affordable price, U.S. Cigar Sales developed HELIX™ to satisfy this void in the marketplace. With the understanding that consumers in this category are accustomed to only the most exceptional quality and a smooth, well-balanced flavor, no shortcuts were taken in the development of HELIX™ and only the finest shade-grown wrappers from the Connecticut Valley are used.

helixcigars.jpg

heheh, thanks Beast. That's a pretty cool looking logo they've got, but McP's mini review isn't the first one I've heard that says 'dull' all over it.. Thanks guys

:D

Though my cigar education is in its infancy,
I have to second Mcpatrick Clan's rating. smooth but hot burning, easy to find more flavor for the money.